Say what you will, but moshing at an Opeth concert is TOTALLY misconceived!

Status
Not open for further replies.

KJones

Oct 16, 2005
Mosh pits are for little kids (sometimes not so little) who feel some homo-erotic desire to be close to other smelly sweaty guys who haven't showered for a week! Opeth is intellectual music, it's not about banging your head or moshing! I've listened to the band since Orchid came out and I welcome new Opeth fans, but to those who mosh at shows, you are brain-dead morons and sheep followers who can't think for yourselves!

hmmm why does Mikael say during the concerts that he wants to see a mosh pit then? Especially before delivereance and DoTF.

I can never understand why people would mosh at an Opeth show.
But if they want to mosh, let them do it. You can stay at back and dont get hurt :D

I remembered seeing Opeth live for the first time a couple years ago. When they came out with Demon of the Fall at the end of the show I lost it and moshed, it was a lot of fun! Moshing is ok when done in a safe way not some violent bullshit.

I mosh from time to time, but mostly only when I'm drunk....I seriously despise moshing though....but if others want to do it I think they should have a designated mosh area

atrocity said:
hmmm why does Mikael say during the concerts that he wants to see a mosh pit then? Especially before delivereance and DoTF.

If he does that, then my respect for him just went down 1 point. Lucky for him he still has 99 points left.

:)

KJones said:
Mosh pits are for little kids (sometimes not so little) who feel some homo-erotic desire to be close to other smelly sweaty guys who haven't showered for a week! Opeth is intellectual music, it's not about banging your head or moshing! I've listened to the band since Orchid came out and I welcome new Opeth fans, but to those who mosh at shows, you are brain-dead morons and sheep followers who can't think for yourselves!

yea thats quite a snobbish response. shit who cares? i don't like moshing that much but if i am into the music and wanna go a little nuts i will.

You're really wrong. Quit being so high and mighty. You seriously don't headbang during Opeth? Do you even like metal? Then again, you probably don't consider Opeth metal music, you probably think of them as art music or something. Opeth is fun; don't be so uptight.

P.S. 0-2 on threads tonight. Better luck next time.

KJones said:

Shut the fuck up waste of life. I guess we should all just listen to you and be your sheep huh? I happen to enjoy freaking out at concerts quite a bit, not to mention the fact that the band enjoys it as well since it's a good response and they at least know they aren't SUCKING. Don't EVER fucking tell me how to enjoy a concert.

Status
Not open for further replies.