SCALD 'FLUKE' NEW CD OUT SOON - LISTEN HERE

the video to fluke is outstanding, I keep hitting the pause button to freeze-frame on some of those images

song is excellent too -- this is what Mike Patton hears when he listens to Slayer

I really need to get a better versoin of that online
but my video compression skills aren't up to much

all preorders when out at the staert of theweek by the way
but it might be after xmas before the international punters get thiers what with the wanky holiday post

www.vermitronic.com

aye J
it'll cost a bit more with the shitty exchange rate but the end won't have it for a while
plus we usually chuck in a free badge :) wooooo!

heres that review....funny, doesn't mention track 6

So the worm has turned. Two albums down the line since they went all longform headfuck, Belfast’s most unsparing trio have come full circle, reprising the punk inspired, Voivod influenced, alien grindcrust that made them so essential in the first place. Reinvigorating is hardly the word: this is as heavy, brutal and charismatic as it comes.

Scald are not your average band, and even less so in Irish terms. Unlike many stragglers their age, they have been consistently relevant since day one (in the Jurassic somewhere) and have always produced quality in anything they’ve set their hands to.

Quite aside from their genetic mutations these last ten years, age has brought them surety in their convictions. Where other bands claim darkness and an evil intention, Scald beat the lot, violating the very Eucharist for this album’s generous packaging. That’s never been done before: not by a million other bands, high profile and low, who’d consider themselves antichristian. Would your band?

Of course you wouldn’t. The reason is that you wouldn’t have even thought of it, let alone actually done it. And that’s what has always set Scald apart – the ability to envision and then execute. This band are not raking over old leaves by returning to the straight up crust of their past. Rather these five tracks, spearheaded by the hammering morse code of ‘Larva’, ram home the point that they do what they want, when they want, how they want. It’s all fantastic.

An obvious highlight is found in ‘Lumbricoid’, with its hardcore punk thrust made unique by Pete Dempsey’s high pitch bark and newfound honest bellow. The lyrics as well betray this bands much understated intelligence, and taken whole, this cd blows away almost everything going on Irish soil today. With its experience, it’s deeply satisfying grind and its amazing, deep rooted combination of the honest and the surreal, ‘Fluke’ could well come to surmise everything Scald are: and we thought ‘Born With Teeth’ did that.

Ten years on, they’ve reprised it. How worth the wait it’s been. Even the most promising of our young bands - and there are a handful - must bow before this stuff. Listen and learn. Buy or die.

4.8 / 5 - Ciaran Tracey ::: 01/01/08

anyone get this yet?
just got 4.8/5 on metal ireland which is nice

I got mine several days ago. Nice shirt!

Anyway . . . I really like this. It is kind of a combination of your last 2 albums. The straigt forward stuff is easily your best yet. It really reminds me of early Napalm, without sounding retro . . . if that makes sense.

I've only listened a few times, so I can't comment too much without sounding stupid. Definitely worth the wait, though.

ive let this sink in. i dig it. dirty stuff. always love the vocals. savage stuff indeed.

is this officially a 2007 or 2008 release?

I really like it too. I know Scald likes to experiment, but I'd like about 20 or 30 minutes more of the songs on the first part of the CD. That's some good stuff. Kind of retro, but not really.

This album rocks tits. It hits you over the face, repeatedly, for the first half, and then the second half makes you not want to walk around in the [insert any location here] without being heavily armed with flashlights, toothpicks, and a handheld woodchipper. I honestly think I started hating religion more after I finished listening to it, and that's a pretty impossible thing to do. Time will tell, but my gut reaction tells me this is your best work yet in terms of music and art. Love the Scald-wafer. :tickled:

scaldhorns.jpg

Well, you can barely tell I'm wearing the shirt, but the point is made! :headbang:

Organized religion is deaf, dumb and blind
they think they see through God's eyes
it'll be too late when they finally see the light
if the pope would sell his robes of silk
he could provide the hungry milk

It's Happy Listen to Scald Day here on March 17th, 2013.

Fluke is probably their best album. Listened this morning.

Currently on Vermiculatus. I love that one too, because it rules.

Paul I don't think you've been to RC for ages but I picked up your book a few months ago.

It's just the same level of :headbang: as your music. Thank you.

Oh yeah that shirt is an XXL so hasn't fit my not-as-fat ass for ages. My wife wears it for a giant home-shirt now.

LOSE THE WEIGHT, RETAIN THE SCALD. ALWAYS KEEP FLUKE IN THE FAMILY.