SCALD / VERMITRONIC PRESS RELEASE: VERMICULATUS - ORDER NOW!

hey nad
heres an interesting scald bass fact

you know the bass intro on 'Tap'?
that was actually part of confusexcremental (born with teeth) back when we played it with crisistianity around 1991, we stripped the original song down a bit when scald resurrected it around 94, but that bass bit was too cool to die

bass is just as important as guitar! too many bands waste thier bass player

unhinged said:
hey nad
heres an interesting scald bass fact

you know the bass intro on 'Tap'?
that was actually part of confusexcremental (born with teeth) back when we played it with crisistianity around 1991, we stripped the original song down a bit when scald resurrected it around 94, but that bass bit was too cool to die

bass is just as important as guitar! too many bands waste thier bass player
Awesome. You dudes definitely utilize the bass, it's quite refreshing in a sea of mundane root-only players. :kickass:

unhinged said:
indeed. I always wonder why some bands have 2 guitars and do nothing with the bass.
yeah, i like pig destroyer for (aside from kicking ass) having the "we're not gonna use it, so why bother pretending" attitude

Whoops, I missed this.

But here's the Scald review, as digital text. :D http://www.lotfp.com/content.php?reviewid=43

yes Jim i got it
been meaning to thank you,
and thanks for the thoughtful review
shame you didn't watch the movie bit, it's not a promo vid

an excellent read the zine is too,
really enjoyed it, especially the hammers review + the clan destined review
(I did the art on that)

any chance I could get the scald bit as digital text for when I update the reviews on our site?

Fuck, I just realized that I haven't been able to find this album in a while!

I'll say it again as I've said before: This band is seriously top shelf and I'm glad I picked this & Headworm up this year!

I just bought this. This is a CD that must exist in my collection.

For each new CD that comes in, a piece of shit CD gets pushed out. Goodbye Freedom Call's "Stairway to Fairyland". Buh-bye.

Disclaimer: nothing against Freedom Call because "Crystal Empire" kicks my dick in.

This CD is a great mystery to me and also, I suspect, one of those discs were at first the music just keeps flowing past you and nothing sticks, absolutely nothing. And suddenly BANG.

Other than that, I had expected it to be a lot more fast/extreme

I just bought this. This is a CD that must exist in my collection.

For each new CD that comes in, a piece of shit CD gets pushed out. Goodbye Freedom Call's "Stairway to Fairyland". Buh-bye.

For some reason, I've now mentally anthropomorphised JK's CD collection, and can picture the ones less-frequently played muttering to each other nervously...

"It's gonna be me next man, I just know it..."
"What are you talking about? He played you just the other week! I'm covered in dust over here! I'm a gonner, man..."
"Fuck you all, Dill recommended me - I'm screwed!"

Reactions: JayKeeley
For some reason, I've now mentally anthropomorphised JK's CD collection, and can picture the ones less-frequently played muttering to each other nervously...

"It's gonna be me next man, I just know it..."
"What are you talking about? He played you just the other week! I'm covered in dust over here! I'm a gonner, man..."
"Fuck you all, Dill recommended me - I'm screwed!"

LOL 5.1 stars.

This is a Pixar script waiting to happen.

This CD is a great mystery to me and also, I suspect, one of those discs were at first the music just keeps flowing past you and nothing sticks, absolutely nothing. And suddenly BANG.

Other than that, I had expected it to be a lot more fast/extreme

it may never stick, but at least you made the effortcan't ask for more than that

but there are always abums that will make alot more sense even many years later.
extremity is hard to quantify.but expect more uptempo thash punking with our next release 'fluke'

so what did mr JK think of it?