R.i.P. Lizard
Mar 9, 2004
northern ireland
www.unhinged.me.uk
hi folks thought one or two of you might be interested in this

VERMITRONIC SYSTEMS
PRESS RELEASE 2.0

…………………………………………………………………………………..

Scald have signed a world wide licence deal with superior Italian label Code666 to release the instrumental opus ‘Vermiculatus’.
The specially packaged first edition will be limited to 999 copies and will be released September 2005. We are more than pleased with this new partnership considering the Code666 reputation for releasing some of the most innovative and interesting music around today including Manes, Negura Bunget, Void Of Silence, Axis Of Perdition, Atrox and many more. It is a label that places art above profit, one of the few.
We are also happy and indeed surprised to announce that ‘Vermiculatus’ is supported by The Arts Council Of Northern Ireland. :Spin:

Vermiculatus will be available from Vermitronic Systems in Ireland (North + South) and Code666 everywhere else.

Scald Vermiculatus: A brief summary.
Vermiculatus is Scald’s most experimental, innovative and un-commercial project to date. The work consists of a singular album length instrumental track, two thirds of which is performed by the band and is a complex composition of no repeated parts, followed by the final third, which is an ambient mix of the performance part.
This is accompanied on the CD by a short animated film (Vermiculatus B1) with a further remixed soundtrack. This is not a promotional video; instead it is an integral facet to the work and concept as a whole.

The limited edition oversized 6 panel digifolder packaging will be lavish and the artwork will be free from graphics and text.

Scald are not known for being free with explanations behind their concepts, preferring each mind to discover it’s own truth, but it can be stated that the on going conceptual metaphorical representations of the parasitic worm as psychological states has been further evolved from the ‘Nematoid’ & ‘Headworm’ material. Without the use of words or human voice these emotional and neurological conditions must be conveyed through the visual and aural stimulus of the Vermiculatus whole. It is not necessary to understand only to be aware.

…………………………………………………………………………………..

Vermitronic Systems is also analysing the viability of releasing Scald’s double CD anthology, covering all pre-Headworm recorded material and some extra. Hopefully this will come together pretty soon, but will partly depend on pre-orders to make this happen sooner rather than later.
More news on this soon.

……………………………………………………………………………………

We are still looking for a suitable licence deal for Scald’s much-lauded ‘Headworm’ album. Interested parties should contact us.
Some copies of the limited edition version are still available from Vermitronic.

Till next time
cheers.

www.vermitronic.me.uk
www.scald.me.uk
www.unhinged.me.uk

www.code666.net

contact-
paulruscald@hotmail.com

oh man, this is good news. looking forward to the Vermiculatus release.

and like i said at Metal Ireland, put me down for a pre-order of the 2CD thingy.

Congratulations Paul, and once again Code666 shows it is one of the best labels around at signing bands committed to pushing the envelope. And in case you haven't seen the newsletter they released today, it has an update on the new Negura Bunghole album.

Haha, how funny that I just found the secret button on the Headworm flash thingy and it's 666. THIS WAS DESTINY! :loco:

the secret button?
there are many many of them :D

also secrets within secrets

thanks to everyone here, I'm glad so many people are happy about this

we're thinking very seriously about getting all the old (preheadworm) material out as a double cd in a few months time
we will need preoreders to make up the xtra cash

got a right few in ireland willing to part with some beans in advance
are there any folks here who'd be interested?

it will be £10 for the double cd post paid anywhere in the world
I know that might convert a bit steep for our friends in the US with thier weak as fuck dollar but we get ripped off a bit on the old postage to over there too
its cheaper than the average single cd anyway

ther will be a nice booklet etc too with all the old art nicely printed
prob 16 page

so any takers?
I know J will be wanting one , cheers mate

unhinged said:
so any takers?
I know J will be wanting one , cheers mate
oh yeah, I'm down. I've still got that 10 GBPyou sent me for those CDs you bought, so it's going right back to ya for the 2CD. :Spin:

can't wait.

I'm really looking forward to the instrumental release through Code666. I think Michelle stopped sending me promos after I moved to Kansas . . . or maybe they're still going to California. Either way, I'll just buy the official release.

oh ya, the instrumental should be killer, though I'm thinking it will take a long time to fully grasp.

and with code666's promotion and distribution, does this mean this instrumental will be sold at The End, and other American mailorders?

J. said:
oh ya, the instrumental should be killer, though I'm thinking it will take a long time to fully grasp.

y'reckon ? haha
I reckon its our most convoluted attempt at music so far
the whole package with all its elements is an awful bastard to explain never mind put together o_O o_O o_O o_O

J and with code666's promotion and distribution said:
I think it'll get the normal code666 treatment, the promo guy Michele is a great guy and a great friend
really its the only label I didn't feel the need to ask 1000 questions
I actually trust them :OMG:

Sweet! Nice to know about this, Paul. :) You guys deserve to to be big among extreme metalheads with open-minded musical tastes.

I'll likely get Vermiculatus when it's released. And I wonder what the film that it has would be like.

I'd also like to let you know that I've submitted an entry about Scald back in July to the Encyclopedia Metallum, which is an intricate site that is a resource guide to metal bands worldwide. It currently has over 21000 bands submitted and the number is still ever-growing. You may wish to go and see the Scald entry that I submitted.