Scald Sign Deal With Code666

unhinged

R.i.P. Lizard
Mar 9, 2004
northern ireland
www.unhinged.me.uk
hi folks thought one or two of you might be interested in this we did an unsigned spotlight here a while back and things are finally looking up for us so cheers

VERMITRONIC SYSTEMS
PRESS RELEASE 2.0
…………………………………………………………………………………..

Scald have signed a world wide licence deal with superior Italian label Code666 to release the instrumental opus ‘Vermiculatus’.
The specially packaged first edition will be limited to 999 copies and will be released September 2005. We are more than pleased with this new partnership considering the Code666 reputation for releasing some of the most innovative and interesting music around today including Manes, Negura Bunget, Void Of Silence, Axis Of Perdition, Atrox and many more. It is a label that places art above profit, one of the few.
We are also happy and indeed surprised to announce that ‘Vermiculatus’ is supported by The Arts Council Of Northern Ireland.

Vermiculatus will be available from Vermitronic Systems in Ireland (North + South) and Code666 everywhere else.

Scald Vermiculatus: A brief summary.
Vermiculatus is Scald’s most experimental, innovative and un-commercial project to date. The work consists of a singular album length instrumental track, two thirds of which is performed by the band and is a complex composition of no repeated parts, followed by the final third, which is an ambient mix of the performance part.
This is accompanied on the CD by a short animated film (Vermiculatus B1) with a further remixed soundtrack. This is not a promotional video; instead it is an integral facet to the work and concept as a whole.

The limited edition oversized 6 panel digifolder packaging will be lavish and the artwork will be free from graphics and text.

Scald are not known for being free with explanations behind their concepts, preferring each mind to discover it’s own truth, but it can be stated that the on going conceptual metaphorical representations of the parasitic worm as psychological states has been further evolved from the ‘Nematoid’ & ‘Headworm’ material. Without the use of words or human voice these emotional and neurological conditions must be conveyed through the visual and aural stimulus of the Vermiculatus whole. It is not necessary to understand only to be aware.

…………………………………………………………………………………..

Vermitronic Systems is also analysing the viability of releasing Scald’s double CD anthology, covering all pre-Headworm recorded material and some extra. Hopefully this will come together pretty soon, but will partly depend on pre-orders to make this happen sooner rather than later.
More news on this soon.

……………………………………………………………………………………

We are still looking for a suitable licence deal for Scald’s much-lauded ‘Headworm’ album. Interested parties should contact us.
Some copies of the limited edition version are still available from Vermitronic.

Till next time
cheers.

www.vermitronic.me.uk
www.scald.me.uk
www.unhinged.me.uk

www.code666.net

contact-
paulruscald@hotmail.com

Headworm struck me as kind of annoying at first with all the start-stopping and whatnot. I listened to it in its entirety about a week or so ago and it came out much better than I thought.

Life Sucks said:
Cool. I liked Headworm, though the new CD will be much different.

Hello, Life Sucks, are you the same Life Sucks that said we were gay for not having any mp3s on our website, he-he? If so, then you didn't look hard
enough as there's a link on the home page sending you directly to the Vermitronic site where you can download 'til your heart's content.
Apologies if it wasn't you, later, pd

downloads> www.vermitronic.me.uk

p.s. this was over on the roadrunner forum?

E-tep666 said:
Hello, Life Sucks, are you the same Life Sucks that said we were gay for not having any mp3s on our website, he-he? If so, then you didn't look hard
enough as there's a link on the home page sending you directly to the Vermitronic site where you can download 'til your heart's content.
Apologies if it wasn't you, later, pd

downloads> www.vermitronic.me.uk

p.s. this was over on the roadrunner forum?
I think someone else mentioned that they couldn't find an mp3. I did start a thread about the band over at the RR boards, though, but I had already bought Headworm.

V.V.V.V.V. said:
Headworm struck me as kind of annoying at first with all the start-stopping and whatnot. I listened to it in its entirety about a week or so ago and it came out much better than I thought.
Yeah, Headworm is definitely the kind of CD that grows on you over time, as is the case with most music that is unconventional and original.

Headworm took quite some time for me to enjoy, and my love for it is still growing (like a truck).