Scalloped Neck?

Have used one in the past... I found it really helped to develop a strong/wide vibrato..

Although standard techniques (legato etc) were/are harder to play on a scalloped neck so I reverted back to standard maple fingerboard..

Can't help you on prices with livin' here in UK!!!

I scalloped the neck on my Yamaha. It's different to get used to. I find it makes you perfect your technique because any little mistakes are accentuated. Which is good in a way... kindasortamaybe... LOL

Alden :)

I agree with that... hehe I'm a good example... I have a guitar tuned down a step just incase I want to play some Symphony X tunes... 'some'... I only know 2 or 3. LOL

Alden

Originally posted by RED OCTOBER
HI, i recently tried the Malmsteen signature with a scalloped neck and I liked it alot. Do any of you use one, what do they go for alone (Fender) about $250.00?

That would be nice, but I think another zero would be in order. Here in Australia they retail for about $4700, which would be about half in US $.

Although I don't follow anything Yngwie, I would think you'd be able to pick a used YJM Strat for $750-900USD. I may be way off mark but I would think you could get one for that.

Alden