Scandinavian Tour

Only about one week left and the Scandinavian tour will begin!
It's actually the first time Amon Amarth are headlining in Finland, before this it has been only festivals and supporting other bands over here.
So is there going to be any changes in the set now?
Something that's not been lately in the set like Annihilation of Hammerfest or An Ancient Sign of A Coming Storm. Or will they play Where Death Seems to Dwell or The Hero for the first time ever? Or is there going to be something from OSFTGH/The Avenger/The Crusher albums?
At least we can expect LG to join them while playing Guardians of Asgaard.

These have regularly been played on the Twilight tour:

Twilight of the Thunder God
Free Will Sacrifice
Asator
Varyags of Miklagaard
Runes To My Memory
Guardians of Asgaard
Live for the Kill
Victorious March
The Pursuit of Vikings
Cry of the Black Birds
Death in Fire

From TOTTG also occasionally:
Where's Your God?
Tattered Banners and Bloody Flags

Then from the older albums it has varied between:
Ride for Vengeance
Bleed for Ancient Gods
Last With Pagan Blood
North Sea Storm
Masters of War
Where The Silent Gods Stand Guard
Thousand Years of Oppression
Versus the World
Fate of Norns
Valhall Awaits Me

I hope they mix up the setlist a bit.

Anyone going to the Drammen show in Norway? I might go to that show also.

I hope they play some surprising sets too.
BUT
What kind of bar do we have to meet in?!

well, in Stockholm we'll meet at Kelly's on Folkungagaten, metro station Medborgarplatsen.

In Malmö I think we'll head straight from the train to the hotel, then to the venue.

In Göteborg I'm thinking "3 Små Rum" on Kristinelundsgatan, good beer but no metal. But hey, we'll get three live bands that night, so ;)
Closest tram stop is Valand.

Getting ready to hit the road again! 2009-09-30
Last rehearsal today in preparation for the tour. We had to try out some songs we haven't played in a while and we're looking forward to add some news to our setlist. There will be a few surprises along the road for sure!
:kickass:
Btw, here should be an icon with one holding up a drinking horn instead of a pint.

So it began yesterday, didn't see Evile but Entombed was great with When In Sodom and Serpent Saints from the new album as well as the older rocked too, Revel In Flesh but no Left Hand Path this time.
Well Amon Amarth were as good as usual, some new songs as well as older not played for awhile as they promised!

Scandinavian tour in Helsinki:

Twightlight of the Thunder God
Tattered Banners And Bloody Flags
Valkyries Ride
Asator
Hermods Rise To Hel, Lokes Treachery pt. 1
Where Silent Gods Stand Guard
Guardians Of Asgaard with LG from Entombed
Live For The Kill with P. Kivilaakso from Apocalyptica
Embrace Of The Endless Ocean with P. Kivilaakso from Apocalyptica
Death In Fire
Runes To My Memory
Bastards Of The Lying Breed
Victorious March
Cry Of The Blackbirds
The Pursuit Of Vikings

Oh great... their stockholm date is when I'm at my house on Gotland fishing with my brother, dad, uncle, best friend, cousin and mest friend's dad... ><

Have not ordered ticket yet for the stockholm show, have noone to go with but i did not have that when I saw bodom in februari ether so ;)

don't do the same mistake I used to do a few years ago.
Then I stayed home if nobody wanted to come to a show, now I go alone and loving it ;)

Well of course it's even more fun to go with friends, to get your ass to Kelly's before hand and then follow us to the show :D

Got Facebook?
It's this one
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home#/event.php?eid=127948212312&index=1

Anyone who has been to the shows: There's a rumour going around about Evile's (the opening band) bassist dying from a lung problem or something? Is it true or is it just what it is...a rumour?

Anyone who has been to the shows: There's a rumour going around about Evile's (the opening band) bassist dying from a lung problem or something? Is it true or is it just what it is...a rumour?

On October 3rd at least one of the band members wrote this:
http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/...amarth-european-tour-oct-nov.html#post8594073

seems at least then all was fine

I'm guessing rumor

Edit:
The singers tour diary
http://www.evile.co.uk/diaries/matt.php
sais bassist was feeling crap 2 days ago, but nothing more.