Scariest Vocal Part

I'd have to say that none of the vocal parts are "scarry" but I'd say that the scream at the end of "Black Rose Immortal" is very chilling.......

Yeah, none of Opeth is scary....we are just talking bout bits that make you smile in a certain way everytime you hear them...like April Ethereal "The rain was waving goodbyyyyyyyyye"

the_3_toed_sloth said:
Yeah, none of Opeth is scary....we are just talking bout bits that make you smile in a certain way everytime you hear them...like April Ethereal "The rain was waving goodbyyyyyyyyye"

No vocals to me are quite frightening, but I would say that Linkin Parks vocals horrify me....it's so frightening that people actually listen to that shit....

D1, you could get away with just posting your sig. its like a thread unto itself.

The last two line in Blackwater Park 'cause they suggest emptiness , lonelyness, loch ness (joke) and generally that the whole place is f*cked up in a Slient Hill sort of a way. Which BTW I believe Opet should do the music for as the cover as reminds me of it very much

We have all lost it now
Catching the flakes of dismay
Born the travesty of man
Regular pulse midst pandemonium
You're plucked to the mass
Parched with thirst for the wicked
Sick liaisons raised this monumental mark
The sun sets forever over Blackwater park

That whole verse just made me flip the first time I heard it, the lyrics sound very ominous, and the way its set up is great. The acoustic strumming followed by the heavy power chords... and then that monster scream. Probably the reason BWP is One of my favorites off ofthe album.

This is a really, really unusual response, probably, but the vocal line that puts a real chill up my spine every time without fail is that whisper during "When": the first "So there I was..." It hardly even sounds like speech at all...more like the wind blowing. It really drives home just how insubstantial (physically speaking) the MAYH spirit is to the living.

Oh, and I like that sig, too. When I heard that story, it REALLY cracked me up!

since everyone has already mentioned some of my faves, ill pick one less appreciated:

Black Rose Immortal - "... but still so precious" (the way he says 'precious' gets me every time)

BTPISIO - "let me taste, let me feel..." i just like the distortion they put on his voice