Scarlet's Walk

alright, im a huge fan of terry amos, so ive bought this album from its release day [some people here can testify here, how i was excited finding the fake jewellery and the stickers etc in the box], and it took a while to grow on me. probably because it had way too many songs, and also because it might sound shallow at first. but after several listens, i finally ended to love some of the songs on it : 'a sorta fairytale', 'pancake', 'ambers wave', 'taxi ride', but most of all 'gold dust' which is fucking amazing. so yeah, it might not be me favourite tori amos album, but its still very cool.

i also went to the gig in paris last month, and it was so cool, she played me two fave songs ['i i e e e' and 'winter']....GODDESS.

Ok, Tori is THE best female singer ever!!! I also am a huge fan of all of her werk, she is absolutely brilliant.
I missed her last gig in Ahoy Rotterdam because of important exams, and heard to late she did one show at the Vorst Nationale in Brussels the day before (where I saw her twice now):cry:
FUCK FUCK FUCK!!!!!!

hehe
funny to see this thread
i bought from the choirgirl hotel today. and its absolutely amazing. i owe you a bum mehdi.

Hmm a friend of mine is pushing me for 2 years now already to check out Tori Amos (the albums of course, I only know some radio-songs) but I still haven't done that yet :zzz: I'll force myself one of these days.

oh you wont like. it has not grunts, and its about real life mostly, its not about the feeling you get after killing a guy or reading poetry in the swamps.

I think my favourite TA album is To Venus and Back, because it's so strange. When I first listened to Scarlet's Walk, I didn't even listen to the whole cd, it seemed so boring. But it was the same with me as with Mehdi, I got to like more and more songs, and now I think there are only three or four songs that I don't really like. So it's an album of the slowly penetrating kind.

But I don't think Tori is the best vocalist... there are much better voices. I appreciate her songwriting and musical talent, and her sincerity and style. That's why I like her, not for her voice (though it's not bad either, I just mean she's not The Singer).

:lol:
i got "Scarlet's walk" & "Little earthquakes".
My girlfriend introduced me to Tori's music, and it takes much time to get into it...
But now I find she's one of the greatest female artists in this twisted world!

mehdi.i.e.e.e said:
oh you wont like. it has not grunts, and its about real life mostly, its not about the feeling you get after killing a guy or reading poetry in the swamps.
Funny that you say that, Massive Attack was just blasting through my speakers. I love those grunts :eek:

Dhatura said:
But I don't think Tori is the best vocalist... there are much better voices.
You don't have to be able to sing perfectly to be a good singer, from what I've heard Tori has her own style and feeling, that's all that matters. Look at Motorhead's Lemmy, he's aweful but it's great somehow.

Cerulean said:
Funny that you say that, Massive Attack was just blasting through my speakers. I love those grunts :eek:

haha alright gorik, you got me there. i was just taking the piss :D

I know :cool:

BTW, I found this smiley in total Mehdi style
crap.gif

as going back to the subject..
I got every album of Tori.And bought Scarlet a few days ago, but I must say that I didn't give so many tries to it.I mean it sounded a bit the same for every song except Sorta Fairytale. But I'm also sure that I'm gonna like it some day as I did for other Tori albums.
btw My fave album is Boys for Pele.

This is really some music to listen to...to LISTEN to.

BTW I think Toris voice is amazingly brilliant. But it´s rather a question of taste. It´s a bit like Kate Bush, and I wonder that nobody said this before.

Therefore I would like to recommend you the new Live-Album of Steve Hogarth (Marillion)- Live Body:Live Spirit. Really Great!!!

Best Regards,

Beyond