Schecter : 6 string VS 7 string....

scyther666

Jun 15, 2003
GREECE
Here's a dilemma....
I'm thinking of picking up a Schecter guitar and I'm looking into the C-1 FR Hellraiser and the Jeff Loomis C-7 FR....
Obviously the first one is a 6 string and the second one a 7 string...

I usually tune around C or Db and occasionally B...

The problem is this...
There is, from what I've been told, a huge waiting list on the Loomis C-7....and the official dealer here is unsure of when he will get his hands on one....
The C-1 on the other hand is available as we speak, but not many pieces in stock...

Now...I'd like to hear what you think....would you wait for the C-7 or just get the C-1??

Other 7strings are out of the question as this one has it all and at an unbeatable price too....

And in general....
I'd like to hear what most of you prefer... a low tuned 6string or a 7string?

There is, from what I've been told, a huge waiting list on the Loomis C-7....and the official dealer here is unsure of when he will get his hands on one....

Look at this:
http://cgi.ebay.com/SCHECTER-JEFF-L...628439QQihZ003QQcategoryZ121166QQcmdZViewItem

Don't know your dealer's price, this guy sells a FR Loomis for 999$ and ships it FREE worldwide! And you can add a hardcase for another 89$ as well and he still won't ask a cent for shipping... Just count on customs fees and taxes. Good luck! :headbang:

Well everyplace I've checked so far seems to be out of stock....most of them expecting a shipment In about a month or so...

But from what the dealer told me, Schecter has a great deal of orders on it right now and cannot process all at the time so they are giving out a portion of each order to the retailers so to easy the burden....

So I'm guessing that all pieces are already pre-ordered.... ie. Thomann.de says they're expecting shipment on the 26th of April....they're not getting all the pieces they've order from Schecter but just a portion just to lower the waiting list a bit....
So I'll have to wait for the next shipment...or maybe the next after that...or maybe...who knows..

We have one Jeff Loomis model in the shop and no, you can't have it! :D
If you can wait, get the Loomis model. The neck is just beautiful, compared to other 7-string models. I want it and I can't play guitar!

... Then again, a standard 6-string model would be more useful when using C or Db tunings.. Hmm.. quite the positive problem! :loco:

Look at this:
http://cgi.ebay.com/SCHECTER-JEFF-L...628439QQihZ003QQcategoryZ121166QQcmdZViewItem

Don't know your dealer's price, this guy sells a FR Loomis for 999$ and ships it FREE worldwide! And you can add a hardcase for another 89$ as well and he still won't ask a cent for shipping... Just count on customs fees and taxes. Good luck! :headbang:

I got my Schecter from that guy; I highly recommend him. The Loomis is a really nice guitar. I hate trem bridges, and it's ugly as sin, but the maple neck adds back the brightness that the 707s take away. If you don't mind the trem, it's a great choice.

I'm sooooo tempted to order a Schecter C7 Blackjack from that guy... Never played EMGs so I somehow tend to stick to passive pickups, at least I know what to expect ;)
But since I'm GASsing lately anyway, maybe I'd better pull the brake and wait on that one a bit. :D

I got my Schecter from that guy; I highly recommend him. The Loomis is a really nice guitar. I hate trem bridges, and it's ugly as sin, but the maple neck adds back the brightness that the 707s take away. If you don't mind the trem, it's a great choice.

lol i got my Jeff Loomis from that guy as well and yeah he was great to deal with. And i love my Loomis it just slays.

Well.....ok...you've all got me....
That schecter is really unbeatable at the price....
I tried to contact that dude you mentioned but I haven't got a reply this far.....
I've also found this one...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=310034833910

Same price but i'll have to pay for shipping....
God damn the taxes....but hey, I can't find it here in Europe and it still comes a bit cheaper, so who am I to complain....!

Some of you already got something from the other guy, Tim.....do you think I should wait for him???

Thnx again all....

@Kazrog...dude I was expecting to see you post, and i could have sworn you would go for the 6string....don't ask why....!

well you wont miss anything by having 1 extra string. Also I have seen one dude do this: he tunes 6 strings to B standard, and leaves the 7 in B. Then whenever he plays a big sounding riff he strums both strings. Sounds heavy

Also 1 thing about Schechters: they have fatter necks. If you are an Ibanez player you probably wont dig them, so try to test one before you buy.

well you wont miss anything by having 1 extra string. Also I have seen one dude do this: he tunes 6 strings to B standard, and leaves the 7 in B. Then whenever he plays a big sounding riff he strums both strings. Sounds heavy

That's a really cool idea...