Schecter blackjack 7 string?

Jun 2, 2005
Does anyone have one? ever tried one?

I have been looking for one for ages, almost bought one, but decided to get software instead about half a year ago...

Now, i am still looking for one and i am ready to get one soon..

i have two problems though.. i want to do a dropped tuning like i do now.. i want to go in A tuning.. maybe lower, to get that mean low rumble sound i love... however, should i get a 7 string for that purpose alone? is it that much tighter then a 6 string?

second problem is, i have no real bass, and i am not quite ready to get one soon, since i have a VST bass that sounds good to me so far.. thing is, that VST plugin wont go too low without sounding like crap.
Been looking at hardcore bass XP from east west, looks good, but does anyone know how low the basses go on that one?
I really dont want to pitchshift the 7 string and make that my bass.. i tried it with my 6 stringer a couple of times, and although brutal, it does not really fill up that low end space in a song no matter what i try..

Thanks in advance!

I can check for you when I get back to my studio in about 3 hours...if no one has answered then I will let you know....

I've got the 007 Blackjack and I like it a lot ;) Very bright and, what's the word.. very.. present. It's in your face even unplugged :) Not to mention when plugged in >:D

It rocks for both shredding and nice and mellow clean stuff

is it that much tighter then a 6 string?
Yes, due to the extended scale (26.5"). On a regular scale 7-string (25.5" scale), it's just as floppy as it would be on a 6-stringer downtuned, unless you use thicker strings.

Neon- I tried every 7-string that Schecter and Ibanez made that was available when I wanted to get a 7-string. Those were the brands suggested to me by people who owned a lot of 7's. I went out, and my favorite was the BlackJack C7. But I didn't like the pickups. The sales guy told me that I should wait for the Hellraiser, I said "whaaaa?" he showed me the catalog. It's basically the same thing, but it has the EMG's in it, and a different binding and inlays.

I called DrumCityGuitarLand and pre-ordered mine. When it arrived and I plugged it into my PowerBall for the first time...it was heaven. I have mine tuned to A standard right now and it's very tight. You should check out SevenString.Org's forums, they are very helpful there, a HUGE amount of information regarding just about every single 7-string ever made. DSS3 also got the Hellraiser C7 and he loves it as well. Now he's an active member on SS.org like me, hehe. Cheers.

~006

I'll also mention that I went with the Hellraiser and am very happy too. As far as I'm aware the Blackjack is a very similar thing, but with slightly more options on pickup configuration. It's got a 5 way switch instead of the Hellraiser's 3-way and let's you coil tap both pickups.

Good luck!

Got myself a C-7 Hellraiser a couple of weeks ago and after a bit of tweakage I'm well pleased with it. Sounds great. The Schecter 7's have a longer scale length (26 1/2") so you can tune to A quite easily without the strings a-flappin' all over the place :cool: And yeah, you can pick up a decent 5 string bass quite cheaply....I've tried pitchshifting a 7 string through a Whammy pedal down an octave because of a lack of a real bass guitar and it just doesn't sound the same....get one - it'll be a good investment!

I've got a 006 Blackjack and i currently have it in drop A with 011-070 strings without a problem, can't say i find 7 stringers that much tighter, you might get the same result on one of those with a thinner gauge but i like thick strings so screw it! :)