Schecter-C-7-Hellraiser

A. Iverson

deceased
Jul 17, 2005
Bahrain
so ive been playing on regular guitars (6 strings) for about 6 years now and i want to try something new so i getting a 7 string,,, im this close to ordering this beauty, any reason why i shouldnt?

http://www.music123.com/Schecter-C-7-Hellraiser-7-String-Electric-Guitar-518452-i1395776.Music123

SchecterC-7Hellraiser107.jpg

blackjack1.jpg

iirc moonlapse got one of these a while back, so if you're still here, any feedback would be appreaciated from you bro.

cheers

i have a schecter 007 elite as my backup 7 string, its good value but i seriously can't touch it after playing my carvin. haven't played the c-7 hellraiser but i can't imagine it would be too different

I have a c1 hellraiser myself and one of my friends has a c7 which I've tried to play a couple of times. Both are very good guitars especially for the prize, but there's definately better guitars out there. If you have been playing seriously for 6 years I would probably be looking for a "higher class" guitar than the hellraiser. I'm not saying it's bad, (hell jeff loomis used to play one I think before he got his signature model, that in itself seems to be a very good recomendation) but depending on your abilities you might find that you want a more high end guitar.

^ recommend good 7 string guitars please?

I haven't tried that many 7 string guitars, but I would probably recommend a carvin aswell. If you have a guitar shop near you then I suggest you go there and try a few guitars and ask some of the people there about 7 strings, they will probably have more experience than I do.

^ recommend good 7 string guitars please?

Ibanez 7 strings?

I played the Hellraiser C6 and it was shit! You get alot of guitar for that price.. But the quality isn't really that good.. So I'm sure the C7 will be the same..
But if you like the C6.. Go ahead..

From what I've read on many a guitar site, along with the recommendations already given, Carvin is the guitar you want

hmmmm never heard of carvin before ill have to check it out, thanks alot though. Also what about the prs 7 string anybody tried one?

I've got a C1 Hellraiser (same as the C7, but 6 strings) and it owns. I can't imagine it's much different in the 7 string version.

I've also got an Ibanez RG1527 7 string. I love the thing. One thing that might turn you off to it, is that it has a floating bridge. I wanted one, you might not.

Definitely NOT Ibanez. I tried out a few... meh, always the same uninspired sound, crappy floyd rose that let's you go woo-hoo with the tremolo bar but that if you have to change your strings than you can order a new guitar aswell.

Yes, I'm an Ibanez hater. Ibanez Blows.

Definitely NOT Ibanez. I tried out a few... meh, always the same uninspired sound, crappy floyd rose that let's you go woo-hoo with the tremolo bar but that if you have to change your strings than you can order a new guitar aswell.

Yes, I'm an Ibanez hater. Ibanez Blows.

C'mon man, I realize they're not for everybody, and yes, there is a learning curve involved in setting up any floating tremolo, but there are plenty of websites you can go to that give simple, step-by-step instructions on how to do it properly, replete with lots of detailed photos. It's really not that hard once you get a little practice in with it, and the only time you every really have to do much more than loosen a couple of hex screws is if you change the guage of your strings or change tunings, in which case you'll have to adjust the tension spring screws on the back of the guitar to re-level the bridge, and even that really isn't very hard.

Trust me on this one, I LOOOOOVVE my Strats and could never bring myself to mutilate them just to install a Floyd, but my USA Jackson Soloist is the one guitar I never, ever have to worry about going out of tune on me, its tuning stability even smokes my fixed bridge axes! (Of course, I suppose the Jackson's neck-thru construction doesn't hurt, either!)

As for the question about the Schecter, they make an excellent guitar for the money if you're on something of a budget, and I think you'd be very pleased with your purchase if you bought one. Ibanez is also high on the bang-for-the-buck scale, as are the Carvins. The cool thing about the Carvins is that for only a couple hundred more, you can pretty much get a custom-built Carvin brimming with sweet features that really no one matches in their price range. I'm verrrrrrry seriously contemplating purchasing a custom California Single after playing several choice specimens at Carvin's booth at NAMM earlier this year. Unbelievable axe at any price, let alone $1400.00! They absolutely hold their own next to any PRS Singlecut for half the price!

Good luck!

Not to mention that certain of the Schecters have actually INCREASED in price over the last few years... a rare value among new instruments. My C1-H used to cost 650 and now I'm seeing an identical model listed at 850 for no extra features, universally. Seems Schecter finally realized their deal on that axe was too good. Also another tip to the Carvin custom shop... those guys can do wonders.

C'mon man, I realize they're not for everybody, and yes, there is a learning curve involved in setting up any floating tremolo, but there are plenty of websites you can go to that give simple, step-by-step instructions on how to do it properly, replete with lots of detailed photos. It's really not that hard once you get a little practice in with it, and the only time you every really have to do much more than loosen a couple of hex screws is if you change the guage of your strings or change tunings, in which case you'll have to adjust the tension spring screws on the back of the guitar to re-level the bridge, and even that really isn't very hard.

Trust me on this one, I LOOOOOVVE my Strats and could never bring myself to mutilate them just to install a Floyd, but my USA Jackson Soloist is the one guitar I never, ever have to worry about going out of tune on me, its tuning stability even smokes my fixed bridge axes! (Of course, I suppose the Jackson's neck-thru construction doesn't hurt, either!)

I think that the locking tuners can do the same job -of course, not as good as a floyd rose, but still pretty well- for 50$ tops and without the hassle for changing the strings.

Hey man,

If you like the way the guitar plays and sounds, then there's no reason you shouldn't get it. The Schecters are definitely some of the best bargain guitars out there, and to be quite frank, I've yet to hear another guitar that can eclipse my C-7 Hellraiser (albeit modded now) in pure, crushing high-gain tone. The guitar basically embodies everything I like about a guitar in a metal/hard rock situation, so for me it's nearly a perfect match.

I've had mine for over 2 years now I think, and here it is in a photo taken last month:

hellraiser.jpg

I've had it entirely re-fretted with stainless steel fret wire, and also standard set-up things like having the saddles adjusted, using a much heavier gauge string on the B etc.

One thing to note is that the Schecters generally come out of the factory not set up well. This can give people a bad impression of what these instruments will actually play like when tweaked. 2 of my friends (due to my guitar) have Blackjacks, and they both play like arse simply because they haven't been set up by a pro. Mine on the other hand is truly fantastic, and IMO, kicks the crap out of the signature Loomis model both in terms of feel and tone.