Scott Ian - great interview

timmyc

Dec 16, 2002
Decent interview recorded this week when Scott was in Australia. Talks a little about the record and some songs, touring, Joey, etc. Good stuff.

Is it just me or does Scott seem to be a much happier guy these days compared to a year or 3 ago? It's not surprising given the guy has a his kid in his life now and a killer new record which is doing so well. Good luck to him I say.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good interview. Scott does seem like he's enjoying it now. I'm starting to think that he's the kind of guy that spews his emotions at the time without thinking about the consequences, thus the various contradictory quotes by him in the last 15 or so years concerning Joey, John, etc.

And I can hear Patton on Crawl also.

I love it when he talks about Anthrax not being a dictatorship as opposed to many other bands. Then he mentions two examples of the latter: Rob Zombie and Meat Loaf......

Erm....those two are solo artists...

"we wrote this record with no singer in mind", jeez, how many times are we supposed to listen to this lie.

"This is the Anthrax lineup until there is no more Anthrax." - Most important thing he said.

Talk is cheap. This comment has no value. Not just because of Anthrax's history, but for anyone to say something like this is just unrealistic. So they're really going to pull the plug of Rob or Joey leave? Doubt it.

It wouldn't be interesting to see what Scott would do if Charlie was gone. I'd say he'd probably continue Anthrax.

"This is the Anthrax lineup until there is no more Anthrax." - Most important thing he said.

Yeah like he never said anything like that prior to the enormous lineup changes.

@Alex: They wrote this record with a singer, according to what they were saying in 2008-2009.

I just know that after hearing him say that, I'm ready to write the band off if something happens with the lineup and they decide to continue. If they replace Rob then I could probably give a shit, but if something happens with Joey again then I really won't have much interest in Anthrax anymore. But don't worry, if that situation happens you wont see me bitching up and down the board about, I'll just peace out.

I just know that after hearing him say that, I'm ready to write the band off if something happens with the lineup and they decide to continue. If they replace Rob then I could probably give a shit, but if something happens with Joey again then I really won't have much interest in Anthrax anymore. But don't worry, if that situation happens you wont see me bitching up and down the board about, I'll just peace out.

Well that's very nice of you, but I don't think Joey's going anywhere for a while.

Well that's very nice of you, but I don't think Joey's going anywhere for a while.

10.5.2012 is here sooner than the most of us want...well, I hope they renew Joey's contract...

...I remember Scott saying that when he heard Dan sing that's when he had singer's voice in his head and songs started to come out...

T:)

The chick in that interview is scraggily with beatnik hair but she has nice creamy titties

Such talk should probably get someone banned on a message board in these times. That said, I could listen to her talk all day long. Now stop objectifying my pretend internet girlfriend.