Scott Ian says SOD is over..

Yeah, saw you on the 4th July in London 1999! Amazing show, by the way, Billy!

The13thCandle said:
i think the ultimate line up for a new SOD would be Billy, Danny, Devin Townsend, and Gene Hoglan. even just for one album. I would love to see what they can come up with.

Just read an interview with Gene Hoglan where he states how he like to be known as a session drummer...a hired gun. That might work out great.

Of course S.O.D. played in 1999. Their first and only worldtour started on 05/20/1999 at the Dynamo Club in the Netherlands. Two days later S.O.D. played at the Dynamo festival. S.O.D. did a lot of gigs in Europe in 1999 and they even toured in Japan that year.

S.O.D performances:
1985 - 6 or 7 shows
1992 - 1 show (The Ritz)
1994 - 1 show (Rip Party)
1996 - 1 show (benefit Dana Wells)
1997 - 1 show in Germany + short US-tour
1998 - 1 show
1999 - tours in Europe, Japan and the US
2000 - few shows in March and December
2001 - 1 show (TOTT)

to be continued....?

I don't know about that, Billy...I swear I had a flyer for S.O.D. at the Intersection in Grand Rapids, MI that said October 99. I am not positive though and I can't check it because I had to throw it out when it got fucked up when I was moving.

Jerry Only and do a tour.

I can see the flier now.

2 LEGENDARY BANDS
1 original member in each band
1 night of grasping at straws

Jerry Only.....Billy Milano

Misfits........Stormtroopers of Death

You can bill it as what the hell are they thinking tour.

or better yet go as a one man band, you know strap cymbals to your knees, a big ol bass drum on your back, a guitar, and a harmonica. that would kick ass, and Im sure you would get a bigger draw. :headbang:

dethmetal420 said:
billy i can most of the speak english or die and i want to learn all of bigger then the devil it would be a dream come to to play with bill and dan u are so back hardcore true legends

You'll get the job is he requires a player with no grasp of punctuation.

'Kay, as much as I'm a fan of Billy's work, this would be just as crummy an idea as Guns & Roses w/ only Axl and hired hands, Skid Row w/out Bas, Dead Kennedys w/out Jello, or any other half-ass project musicians/performers try to throw together under some old mantra. Fuck, we've had 2 "Ratt's" touring at the same fucking time... ! It's dumb and misleading.

So yeah, would hate to see SOD go down this shitty path. You've said it yourself, Billy... you don't need SOD, right? Let it go. If it happens again, let it happen the right way... with the full band. Not some half-ass fill-in. The legacy of SOD deserves better.

Who give a fuck?...just go for it...Billy knows what he's doing...he wouldn't do it just to destroy it...or would he?...ha!

Some good players, some good songs and kick some ass...what difference does it make? There's an underground legacy attached to SOD but I don't think there was any particular magic. The timing was good and it clicked...it was different and it found its audience...it can happen again. There are a lot of amazing players out there.

Richard Christy from the Howard Stern show is an awesome drummer...I wonder if he's doing anything musical now. I'm listening to his work on Death's "The Sound of Perseverance" as I write. Great album.

SOD without Scott & Charlie is a sad cry of desperation to revive something that is dead. Deal with it and move on. Oh, and to the guy who said Billy is the frontman and the dominant personality, you're right, but try putting that on CD and get people to buy it...

Billy, i'm surprised the obvious hasn't slapped you in the face yet...

Tell me with a straight face you're not seriously thinking of offering Rob Caggiano the job on guitars...

I mean c'mon, wouldn't that be ironic and fun :D

timmyc said:
SOD without Scott & Charlie is a sad cry of desperation to revive something that is dead. Deal with it and move on. Oh, and to the guy who said Billy is the frontman and the dominant personality, you're right, but try putting that on CD and get people to buy it...

Well...I don't think Anthrax sales are through the roof...Scott & Charlie wouldn't necessarily bring a huge following either. Knowing Billy, I don't think album sales would be the biggest factor in doing this project...he's more realistic than that, I'm sure.

It's all about good music...kicking some ass and having some fun. Like I said, there are a lot of great players (better than Scott and Charlie) out there who would love to do a side project and have their names associated with a legendary underground band.

I'm sure Billy could do a much better album than "Bigger Than the Devil" with the right support.