Scott wants Rob C. back in Anthrax?

Ulster Mosher said:
Dan gets my vote. :headbang:

same here. Throughout this whole re union thing i find it weird how many people rate rob over danny. I thought a lot mor epoeple would be happy to get him back. he blows him out the park, especially if you liste to TGOTE. the solos on wcfya are nothing special at all. Spitz had a really unique style. Return of Spitz can only mean good things for the future of solos in Anthrax and the future of metal

Future of metal? I highly doubt it. If it wasn't for Anthrax, Danny hasn't done shit. He's not too much of a great lead guitar player nowadays, but he did have an unique style.

Lets start the dan versus rob threads along with the joey versus bush threads! just kidding.

And I agree Dan solos are ANTHRAX when I hear a dan solo I think anthrax when I hear any of the other guitar players solos I think... average nineties rock band. :puke:

johnnieCzech said:
Future of metal? I highly doubt it. If it wasn't for Anthrax, Danny hasn't done shit. He's not too much of a great lead guitar player nowadays, but he did have an unique style.

since when are you using the ""reunion basher" thing ?? I think youre losin it bro!!

JohnThrax said:
wow, then you are an idiot. Rob puts Dan to SHAME on guitar
I'm an idiot? What has Rob done on WCFYA that outshines Dan? Sweet FUCK ALL. I was listening to GOTE and No Hit Wonders in work today, and Dan really does piss all over Rob. He was the reason I took up the guitar in 1987, and it was great to see him on lead again this tour. Take Caught in a Mosh for example. Both guys have recorded this song, but which lead gets my vote? Dan's of course. Easily the better of the two. I'm an idiot? You're the fucking idiot.

JohnThrax said:

i gotta disagree on that
i dont see rob as being that special i mean hes good but he isnt that good where as i see danny as creative and really mind blowing at guitar

JohnThrax said:

I think I have to agree with you on that one. I've only seen two shows with Danny lately and Rob shreds way way way more. A new recored with the lineup of Rob, Ian, Benante, Bello, Belladonna would interest me way way way more than Danny, Ian, Benante, Bello, Belladona.

Ulster Mosher said:
I'm an idiot? What has Rob done on WCFYA that outshines Dan? Sweet FUCK ALL. I was listening to GOTE and No Hit Wonders in work today, and Dan really does piss all over Rob. He was the reason I took up the guitar in 1987, and it was great to see him on lead again this tour. Take Caught in a Mosh for example. Both guys have recorded this song, but which lead gets my vote? Dan's of course. Easily the better of the two. I'm an idiot? You're the fucking idiot.

Yeah but those Dan solos were recorded 85-87. Rob's were recorded 2 years ago. Rob produces too. Rob may not play Danny's solos note for note but those are his takes on the solo. When Dan played solos on Anthrax covers, he didn't play them note for note from the Original recording of bands like KISS and SABBATH. He put his flavor in much like Rob puts in his flavor on Danny's OLD solos.

I have yet to really hear Danny play lately. At the show I was at recently, I could barely hear him. At the beginning of A.I.R. on the new DVD, you never even see Dan onstage, yet you hear the solo being played. By who?? Who the fuck knows? Now try and tell me that Dan is better.

Ulster Mosher said:
These are all opinions here, man, but I don't agree; I think Rob is all around a much better guitarist; tone, technique, etc. But whatever. If you like Dan, then cool.

you dont have a lead guitarist in a band just because he is a good producer ffs! Ive argued this before with someone on here. If Rob was adding own style on TGOTE then he wasnt very good at it. I have nothing against Rob but Dan is the soloist of Anthrax and always will be

AlexStomp said:
Yeah but those Dan solos were recorded 85-87. Rob's were recorded 2 years ago. Rob produces too. Rob may not play Danny's solos note for note but those are his takes on the solo. When Dan played solos on Anthrax covers, he didn't play them note for note from the Original recording of bands like KISS and SABBATH. He put his flavor in much like Rob puts in his flavor on Danny's OLD solos.

I have yet to really hear Danny play lately. At the show I was at recently, I could barely hear him. At the beginning of A.I.R. on the new DVD, you never even see Dan onstage, yet you hear the solo being played. By who?? Who the fuck knows? Now try and tell me that Dan is better.

dan has the form on the board,he wrote those solos originally and alot of them were masterpieces,that being said does not take away the fact that rob can shred the hell outta the guitar,he just hasnt had the opportunity of being on alot of records so that people can see his true ability,u have to admit spitz had some brilliant solos.