Second Nightwish date in the area

metalprof

Ken Luther
Mar 11, 2005
Valparaiso, IN
faculty.valpo.edu
For anyone who doesn't have mystical psychic access to Bob's brain and all the information therein, the new Nightwish date he referred to in the King Diamond thread is:

DATE: 5/31/2008
VENUE: The Pearl Room
DOORS OPEN: 6:00 pm
SHOW TIME: 7:00PM

I'll probably go to this since I'm rather sad to not be seeing the HoB show tomorrow night.

Ken

I saw in the paper today that the tickets for this weekend's show range between $25 and $60.
I always thought HOB had only ONE price????

Are they doing that VIP thing for this show, like they did with Emperor at Metro, etc???

I saw that too with the VIP thing. I think the HOB started doing that with some shows too now.

I will only go the the Nightwish show at Hillbilly land if there is good openers.
I dont even mind missing Nightwish this time around...I dont like the new disc at all and I dont like Paradise Lost either. they bored me at Opeth.

Is it just Paradise Lost opening tomorrow?
Not that it matters to me, just curious.

It seems like HOB never advertises when they have local openers.

I remember when Ion Vein opened for Sonata, it wasn't even advertised. I guess for shows like Sonata and Nightwish that sell well in advance, they probably aren't as concerned with advertising any other openers.

I remember when Ion Vein opened for Sonata, it wasn't even advertised. I guess for shows like Sonata and Nightwish that sell well in advance, they probably aren't as concerned with advertising any other openers.

Chris can correct me if needed, but I seem to recall that IV didn't know they'd be doing that show until quite a while after the show was announced. In other words, HoB might book the main show, then finds a local act for it later on. In that case, most of the advertising is already set.

Ken

The Nightwish show for tomorrow night is sold out. I will not be going to the show next May either. Though, I may buy tix and make bank on it when it sells out again. This time i just sold them at face value.

Nightwish is dead to me.

The Nightwish show for tomorrow night is sold out. I will not be going to the show next May either. Though, I may buy tix and make bank on it when it sells out again. This time i just sold them at face value.

Nightwish is dead to me.

I have to agree. Nightwish are nothing without Tarja singing. Now they are like one of the hundred bands out there with female singers. Sure Marko is a great singer too but I can listen to Tarot for his vocals....plus thier newest wasnt that good either. I wonder once this tour is done and the hype behind them having a new singer is over how they will do.

I might be the only one from here that is actually excited about this show. I've never seen Nightwish with Tarja, in fact, I didn't become a fan of theirs until a couple of months ago. I do see the differences between Tarja and Annette, it's kinna hard not to, but I do like the new cd a lot so there ya go.
I don't mind sold out shows at the HOB if they're all ages, I can just hang out by the bar stage left, they don't let kiddies near the bar so it's a lot roomier.

I might be the only one from here that is actually excited about this show. I've never seen Nightwish with Tarja, in fact, I didn't become a fan of theirs until a couple of months ago. I do see the differences between Tarja and Annette, it's kinna hard not to, but I do like the new cd a lot so there ya go.
I don't mind sold out shows at the HOB if they're all ages, I can just hang out by the bar stage left, they don't let kiddies near the bar so it's a lot roomier.

good call on that spot on the left...I usually go on the stairwell right in front of that area..people never realize they can stand their until I do and then everyone else does. It is a great place to stand because you are still over the crowd and get a great view.

there is a big difference between Tarja and Annette. how can you not tell?

Well it's obvious that Annette has problems with the older tunes because they weren't written for her voice, however we might never know how Dark Passion Play would sound if Tarja was singing on it. I think they are 2 totally different bands, except Annette is stuck singing tunes out of her range. Make sense?
BTW this has "Blaze Bayley in Maiden" written all over it.....

Well it's obvious that Annette has problems with the older tunes because they weren't written for her voice, however we might never know how Dark Passion Play would sound if Tarja was singing on it. I think they are 2 totally different bands, except Annette is stuck singing tunes out of her range. Make sense?
BTW this has "Blaze Bayley in Maiden" written all over it.....

true

DPP was totally written with Tarja in mind, I can totally hear her voice over the music. I'm with Rachel on this one, I'd like to say this is Nightwish's Blaze Baily.

Yes, Blaze is playing the Pearl Room.

For the record, Blaze did a fine job in Maiden.
The X Factor was a great record.
Unlike Priest, Maiden has faith enough in that material to perform it live still with Bruce.

Sorry, I know this is a Nightwish related thread, but Maiden was brought up which means I have to interject.

Carry on!

Yes, Blaze is playing the Pearl Room.

For the record, Blaze did a fine job in Maiden.
The X Factor was a great record.
Unlike Priest, Maiden has faith enough in that material to perform it live still with Bruce.

Sorry, I know this is a Nightwish related thread, but Maiden was brought up which means I have to interject.

Carry on!

Agreed. X-Factor was very different than any record Maiden did before, even if Bruce sang on it the songs are very dark. "Fortunes of war" and "The unveliever" are some great tunes that are buried in that album.

Hmm, this could be an interesting case-study on the drawing power of the House of Blues vs. The Pearl Room. We already know the HoB is sold out (1200, I think?), so will The Pearl Room get anywhere near the same crowd? Conveniently, they're both Saturday shows too, so that variable is eliminated.

Also on the long range list at The Pearl Room is Rotting Christ (2/15/2008). Woooooo!!!

Finally, last night I realized how awesome the I-355 extension is going to be for getting to the Pearl Room...there probably aren't a ton of people coming from the West/Northwest suburbs anyhow, but hey, maybe it could add 1 or 2 people to the turnouts who wouldn't normally show up because the drive sucks so much.

Neil