Second Stage - UK Extreme

Yorkshire folk are wise indeed!

For my own view, as much as I like death metal too, it seems to be well covered by UK tours and mini-fests like Xmas Fest, No Mercy... where as most of the power/true metal bands Bloodstock goes for hardly ever come over.

...the best thing to come out of yorkshire is the road to lancashire!

....j/k! *ducks flying bottles/hand grenades*

yeah, northern metals have a proper attitude...except the obligatory mini moshers, who only clash as "metal" fans in their own circles, but we'll ignore them...there's another thread for that whole rant.

wroed said:
Yorkshire folk are wise indeed!

For my own view, as much as I like death metal too, it seems to be well covered by UK tours and mini-fests like Xmas Fest, No Mercy... where as most of the power/true metal bands Bloodstock goes for hardly ever come over.

Hail - Speaks sense does the man!

The second stage is to give lesser known but quality up and coming UK bands a chance to play to a bigger audience and a chance of recognition.

yeh and that it gives too... im sure some of the bands playing the second stage are heading for very bright things and can only be aided by us bloodstock goers...

Im glad to see everyone agrees that northeners know their stuff...

This said, It looks unlikely for Morbid Angel to include the UK on their tour and Aborym are so under-supported by their own lable they may not play another gig for ages unless someone invites them (and their gig at the Electrowerkz was superb).

Personaly tho' I find it very unfair that all the power metal bands don't play many (if any) gigs here, I mean if Gamma Ray can play to a huge Bloodstock audiance there's no reason why they can't pack the fiddler or the Astoria.

telos said:
I think a really good extreme edition to the Darwin Suite would be GUTWORM.
Not only are they brutal but thay've got a considerable fan base, thay're doing well in America (underground) so I hear and thay're fucking awesome live!!!!

I saw them at the Astoria recently and they ripped my face off!!

It'd be good to have a bit of real grind core at the festival as a lot of people
love the event but don't want to overdose on too much Euro metal.

As far as I know Gutworm are going to be playing a few shows along side Four way kill and Killing Mode soon.

Check out their website: www.gutworm.com

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:
damn right my friend , 4WK are destroying a few venues with the GUTWORM boys very soon , check their or our web site for more info
www.fourwaykill.com
www.gutworm.com

The Enchanted! OMG they almost upstaged Enslaved last night, they were superb. more than justified they hype and definately a must for BS04, proper brit Deaththrash:) Skaldic Curse were pretty cool too.

The G man said:
I'm really pissed off I missed that gig, I could'nt get the time off work.
Death shall rise was and is a fantastic album.
When and where can I get my grubby mits on a copy of your Cruel Humanity CD?

thats a shame ... it was a fuckin good gig... sins of mankind is fuckin good cancer album as well. you can get your grubby mits on a cruel humanity album very soon, if you keep an eye on our website www.cruelhumanity.com we're gonna be doing some limited "hand made" (cos we cant afford to go to press yet) copys of the FULL 8 track album.

Hand made album eh?.... I'll buy 20, to sell on Ebay when Cruel Humanity hit Judas Priest levels of stardom :-D
I'll be a millionaire!

Cruel Humanity said:
thats a shame ... it was a fuckin good gig... sins of mankind is fuckin good cancer album as well. you can get your grubby mits on a cruel humanity album very soon, if you keep an eye on our website www.cruelhumanity.com we're gonna be doing some limited "hand made" (cos we cant afford to go to press yet) copys of the FULL 8 track album.
Count on me to purchase one of these cds (Unless it's very expensive). Start a thread on here to remind me when they become available.

It is the same album with 2 tracks from Post-apocalyptic Bliss on the end. I got the sampler but I'll buy the full album anyway (there aere only 50 made so they're gonna be worth a lot on eBay someday)

Baletempest said:
It is the same album with 2 tracks from Post-apocalyptic Bliss on the end. I got the sampler but I'll buy the full album anyway (there aere only 50 made so they're gonna be worth a lot on eBay someday)
true but the last 4 extra song (PAB & Goblins (single)) have been rerecoreded with live drums and properly mixed.