Secret cover compilation from fans

Hi, I'm From Mexico City I just joined the forum today, I was so surprised to see what you guys are doing it's just Awesome! I'm a big Katatonia fan and I would like to participate with a cover,and it wpuld be really great the idea of finding a way to release this work as an official trubute to the band I know i'm not the first one with this idea but I would be great to have the opportunity to cooperate with this

nice cover Unicorn!

I think it's so difficult to record something decent without all the equipment, but it's really a lot of fun to play and record Katatonia...so maybe I'll try doing Cold ways...I still have to find the time, but this time I would like to do the guitar, bass and drums programming (maybe vocals too)all by myself, it's a kind of challenge...but I always fear it'll turn so bad that rather than an hommage it'll sound an insult to the band...ooopss..

Unicorn said:
Hey guys,
happy new year. I found some time on christmas to cover Sweet Nurse.
Originally I planed to do some orchestral arrangements but that failed. :)
And since the original is simply perfect I did a more acoustic version of it.
Once again I'm not really satisfied with the vocals, but I coudn't manage to get them better. :cry: It bothers me, but it's better than nothing.
Build up you own opinion! :loco:

http://www.hoerspiegel.de/unicorn/SweetNurse.mp3
Cool with a different approach to this song. I really like the build up in the vocals where you start in a low register (a bit too low for you in some places, perhaps) and then moving up. Sure you could have done it a bit better, but its still better than most of the other covers people have done in this thread. (No offence to the other users...)

daimonion said:
Cool with a different approach to this song. I really like the build up in the vocals where you start in a low register (a bit too low for you in some places, perhaps) and then moving up. Sure you could have done it a bit better, but its still better than most of the other covers people have done in this thread. (No offence to the other users...)

Thanks everyone for comments!
Yes, daimonion, a few notes are too low for me. I always wished to have a low voice, but I just haven't. :) On the other hand I can reach pretty high notes and other people with low voices want to get those. but there are worse things in live. ;)
thanks again.
I wish there will be some more songs up in the next weeks. I retire. don't want to bother people. ;)

Unicorn said:
Thanks everyone for comments!
Yes, daimonion, a few notes are too low for me. I always wished to have a low voice, but I just haven't. :) On the other hand I can reach pretty high notes and other people with low voices want to get those. but there are worse things in live. ;)
thanks again.
I wish there will be some more songs up in the next weeks. I retire. don't want to bother people. ;)

question .. what kind of processor did you use?