TEARGAS synthpop-industrial cover song!

i have got to say that this is by far the worst fucking cover i have heard in my entire life.

it sounds like the end result of handing over a casio keyboard and a drum machine to a couple of people who suffer from downs syndrome and fetal alcohol syndrome.

next time can the idea of covering such songs.

if you feel the need to ruin a song in the future, please stick to Blink 182 and Green Day.

now hand over your membership card to the Katatonia Fan Club.

KJN said:
i have got to say that this is by far the worst fucking cover i have heard in my entire life.

it sounds like the end result of handing over a casio keyboard and a drum machine to a couple of people who suffer from downs syndrome and fetal alcohol syndrome.

next time can the idea of covering such songs.

if you feel the need to ruin a song in the future, please stick to Blink 182 and Green Day.

now hand over your membership card to the Katatonia Fan Club.

You bad bad insulter you.

I have to leap to the defence of this cover.

Look - it's not the best cover in the world. It's always difficult to cover great songs (and Teargas is a great song) - you can never do anything better than the original, just something different. Since you all like Katatonia so much, I can understand why you may not like it. But I think kudos should go to Valafar for giving it a go and producing a finished track.

My own thoughts on the track are:

The basic elements have carried over pretty well.
The beat leans towards Rammstein - personally I don't like that style, but that's just personal.

this song sounds like kovenant mixed with 69 eyes. 69 eyes are fucking awful, and kovenant are fucking awesome. usually one should cancel out the other, but because the vocals are so fucked, im going to have to dislike this song. instruments are cool though, just change the vocals to sound a little less like the fuck from 69 eyes

*sigh*
Bashing and flames won't help at all.

Lo siento, compatriota, inténtalo de nuevo.

I gotta agree with The Lull. It lost that Katatonia feeling. Perhaps some rearranging could help it. Why don't you try it out with 'We Must Bury You' since it's already got electronic drums? (Of course, that will begin another flame war but... :p)

Kains D said:
Lo siento, compatriota, inténtalo de nuevo.
Why don't you try it out with 'We Must Bury You' since it's already got electronic drums? (Of course, that will begin another flame war but... :p)
Was?
Please, don't tease the Artist..
..and some flames expected :hotjump: