TEARGAS synthpop-industrial cover song!

Just because the response from everyone else has been so negative I am going to give it a thumbs up again. I think it is a good cover, in a different style. I like how you used different instraments for the melodies and such. I can tell you put alot of thought into it. I would like to hear some of your original stuff if you have any?

I found your MP3's on your site... The music is pretty nice! My only complaint is the vocals.. not that they are bad... but the chorus on them is a bit rediculous.. you might want to take the depth of the effect down, and then turn the effect level down... Vocals can be a bitch to get recorded well though, so I understand :)

the-lull said:
This is crap, as far as I'm concerned

Ok, don't misinterpret what I said. :bah:
I think the cover you did of Teargas doesn't make honour to the original, and destroy the beauty, darkness, in it.
I don't consider myself as being a sectarian concerning music, listening to plenty other stuff than metal music, but this song doesn't reach the magic of the original. Maybe your own compositions are far better than this one, I judge only what I feel concerning your cover.
This is too far from the feeling Katatonia music provides me.

I just think that cover version should at least resemble the original (the vocal line melody, anyone?), while this piece of shit is just anal disco song with stolen Katatonia lyrics.

If I make power electronics pile of noise and entitle it "without god", you'll shit your pants in extasy, too?

This kind of "cover" any idiot can do. For fucks sake do not mess Katatonia with it.

Dora said:
Why don't you show us your cover, big mouth?!

Don't be ridiculous, I don't have to do any music to talk about it, dislike, like or hate, whatever.

Edit: And, aren't you defending it so much only because it's only one song you got for the "secret" compilation, as the "little mouths" will unlikely deliver anything else?

It is missing the vocal line... but the other parts are in there. Other instraments are used for them, and they are interpreted differently in places. Covers that are just like the song are boring as fuck. I have the original.

I am glad I don't play instruments cause postin a song here is quite dangerous since people are so touchy

ChromeLife said:
Covers that are just like the song are boring as fuck. I have the original.
yep...
however, it shouldn't be taken like detesting the kind. There are many good covers as well..
E.g. "Still loving you" covered by Sonata Arctica. It resembles the original (I guess I won't and don't have to remind long forgotten name of its creators..), yet it still has its own feeling-powerful, not like "powermetal" which has been being committed ruthlessly for too long by Arctic suckin'-crew..
I'm not into 'em, but that piece truly kick my ass. Shivers as fuck I'd tell..

(and sometimes the cover is better than the original.. e.g. I like many songs on Love Like Blood's Chronology.. album.)

And don't care about malicious posts, it's not for "them".. it's for us, for the band and for fun :). I hope people who said they were in will make something soon!

who the hell speaks about competitors?! (check the word "cover" in a dictionary..)

Dora said:
who the hell speaks about competitors?! (check the word "cover" in a dictionary..)

Actually, the word "cover" wouldn't tell me anything about "cover song".

Edit: Actually it would, though still this disco thing is shite bollox piece of audial faggotry and definite disgrace to both - covered and covering. I don't give a fuck about the latter but "hailing" Katatonia with this shit is an insult to every fan.

what you do here is an insult.. (but thats also only your problem..) take it easy man