Secret cover compilation from fans

Sirocco said:
Wow! fantastic man! I love it. I can see that I made things a little difficult during the verse where i used clean instead of distortion :oops: None the less, great job, I'll just add a few small touches (e.g.. bass in the verse) and will upload it to my own server. Thanks a million,

(Wish u lived a thousand or so miles closer so I could snatch you up on vox for my own band :p )
Thanks. :Spin: Although I think, I had better moments on vocals. :erk: Not so easy, this track. Can it be than I mixed the vocals too loud in the song? If you add some stuff (yeah, bass in the end would be cool), maybe it's good when I send you the single vocaltrack!? Then you can lower the voice in the mix.

Hello everyone, im posting here for the first time, im thrilled to know about this project, i defenetly want to contribute... and i would like to know if anyone her can help me with the drum programming cause i dont have a clue, i can handle the guitars , bass, and vocals myself, but not the drums...

Also i need to know if i can pick whatever song i like.. if thats the case i hope nobody has chossen "Passing bird", ill start right away...

Oh by the way Valafar its great to see here someone from my country hope to chat with you soeme time.. until next post...

Im trying to cover " Passing bird" form the lfdgd album, it would be great if you could help me put, i know theyre pretty easy, but i just dont have a clue...

Also im trying to figure out the whole song, since im not a wiz at getting the songs by ear.... any help is well received....

Exiled said:
Hello everyone, im posting here for the first time, im thrilled to know about this project, i defenetly want to contribute... and i would like to know if anyone her can help me with the drum programming cause i dont have a clue, i can handle the guitars , bass keys, and vbocals myself, but not the drums...

Also i nee dto know if i can pick whatever song i like.. if thats the case i hope nobody has chossen "Passing bird", ill start right away...

Oh by the way Valafar its great to see here someone from my country hope to chat with you soeme time.. until next post...

greetings paisano!!

good to see another mexican around!!

si necesitas un paro con los drums, nomás dime.
si el sirocco no se apunta cuenta conmigo...

see you fuckin around! :headbang:

OK i have finnished recording the vocals.. i hope i can get the guitars and bass done soon.. im kinda lost on the key of the notes there.. ( dont have a very well trained ear AAAARGHHHH), Any help or tab or whatever will be appreciated...

Valafar si genial si sirocco no se apunta te aviso... oye, por cierto echame la mano pa sacar la rola HAHAHA, soy medio lerdo aun...

Falconspirit said:
Hey Unicorn, I really like the twist you gave it, it's a nice tune.
rock on mate:headbang:
Thanks, but it was mainly Sirocco's work and I just put the vocals on top of it. So better Praise him. :headbang:
By the way, I will do Sweet Nurse, but that will take a while. Maybe I find time at x-mas.
More coversongs, and more comments!

Hey guys,
happy new year. I found some time on christmas to cover Sweet Nurse.
Originally I planed to do some orchestral arrangements but that failed. :)
And since the original is simply perfect I did a more acoustic version of it.
Once again I'm not really satisfied with the vocals, but I coudn't manage to get them better. :cry: It bothers me, but it's better than nothing.
Build up you own opinion! :loco:

http://www.hoerspiegel.de/unicorn/SweetNurse.mp3

Corpinen said:
Alright, I missed the last cover compilation slightly, but if there's a second volume coming up, I'll definitely want to contribute to that one. So, hereby, I choose "A Darkness Coming" for my band Subaudition (www.subaudition.cjb.net). I Dunno when it'll be ready, it might take some time. Anyway, I'm really anxious about this!!
Damn, we won't be able to participate after all due to a computer crash. We won't have a new recording device until May or so, and we're going to record our new (official) release then. It'd be too late then, anyway... Sorry for inconvenience everybody! Looking forward to hearing more new versions, though!! Happy new year you all!

Unicorn said:
Hey guys,
happy new year. I found some time on christmas to cover Sweet Nurse.
Originally I planed to do some orchestral arrangements but that failed. :)
And since the original is simply perfect I did a more acoustic version of it.
Once again I'm not really satisfied with the vocals, but I coudn't manage to get them better. :cry: It bothers me, but it's better than nothing.
Build up you own opinion! :loco:

http://www.hoerspiegel.de/unicorn/SweetNurse.mp3

Its so cool to hear other interpretations of Katatonia songs....to hear the way that others hear it...because as musicians I think we all add little things that arent in the songs while we listen to it...a different vocal harmony or different strumming of the guitars etc. VERY COOL GUYS.
If I were to EVER actually get my shit together I definately have all the equipment to do something for this project.
Needless to say I am enthusiastic about all of your endeavors regarding this project.....even if I am a lazy shit and wont get off my ass to do something for it.

Very good cover Unicorn, I enjoyed it very much!!! You really have a great voice for covering Jonas' great singing, I don't think I could say as much for myself (though I haven't tried). Very cool.