Secret Sphere Bad?

I thought the performance was great. I don't know why they were poorly received.

It was the pants. :Smug:

Seriously, I thought they were good. Poorly received, chalk them up w/ Rage then. Rage rocked and everyone bailed. I think it was a combination of a lot of things thought on that one. A lot of people said they were too damn tired, it was too damn cold in the venue and that Rage wasn't their bag.

just critique the quality of the music and the performance.

Stage attire is part of the performance. You would expect the actors in a theatrical performance to be properly attired, true?

That said, I loved the outfit! It was sexy, it was rock n roll, and it was fun! For a community of people who like things "progressive" I'm surprised to see so many of you up in arms over a pair of animal print pants, jeez. It's not like he had on ass-less chaps and a banana hammock :Smug:

Much to my shagrin, I missed their set so I can't comment on that. I really wanted to hear 1000 Eyes Show live! :erk:

I loved Secret Sphere's performance. Afterwards, I was totally confused, then irritated to read some of the forum emphasis placed on Ramon's pants. Totally unwarranted. I didn't realize there was a dress code for metal. With the wide variety of countries that are represented, styles of dress as well as music and lyrics are part of the broad spectrum that creates interest for me. I thought his stage performance was totally engaging, compared to some other bands that have rated higher in this forum.
This is a highly talented and innovative band and their performance should have been rated on more than a pair of pants. (personally, I thought they were kind of sexy, but then I grew up on 80's glam.)

While this forum frequently illicits very educated and well thought out opinions on music, it does frequently labor under some rather over opinionated ideas that snowball.

You cannot go wrong buying and absorbing both Scent of Human Desire and A Time Never Come. Ok, they don't sing about Vikings or the state of the world, but human relationships work for me and are an interesting, though not entirely unique focus for metal lyrics, IMO. I think they deserve another shot, but forum bias seems to prohibit that. :erk:

I'm with the group who just didn't enjoy their performance. I didn't like the song posted when they were announced much, either.

I love Secret Sphere. Unfortunately I wasn't at the Progpower they performed at (surely wish I was), so I have no opinion or say on this one! :p

First off, this is not a restuarant, it is a musical performance. So now your indicating that they weren't professional because of their attire. That is who they are; i'm sure they don't need to apologize for their appearance or feel that the way they dressed took away from their musical talent. They were having a good time; that is what music is about. Freak Kitchen, according to you, must have been extremely unprofessional playing the guitar with a dildo. Who cares, just critique the quality of the music and the performance.

1. It's an analogy, and I related it back to the topic.
2. Yes, I'm indicating that attire and professionalism go hand in hand.
3. No apologies necessary.
4. I never said being unprofessional meant untalented.
5. I suggest a reading comprehension class.

I don't know this band or the performance, but not liking the band for their attire seems very strange. Metal in general is about being yourself and doing what you want to do, but it's wrong when they express themself in 1 way? strange imo.

In restaurants, it's said that people "eat with their eyes first." Therefore, presentation of a dish is almost as important as the taste itself. To apply this to a band's attire, I think it's important to make a strong impression, especially with the PP crowd. When you've reached the pinnacle of the genre (such as playing elite shows like PP) then dress for the occasion. It's called professionalism people. If you don't look like you're taking things seriously up there on stage, then why should the crowd take you seriously? There are exceptions of course...Zero Hour comes to mind. They take a very casual approach with stage attire (which I thought looked really bad), but they certainly do deliver with the music and people don't really seem to mind.

If we were to follow that view on everything in life, I would rip my skull off with a fork. I would also not have had my job of 11 years here at Intel. Thank god they took a chance on a tattooed non suit wearing college graduate as they wouldn't know that they would have been missing out on a highly professional worker.

For all I care, a band could come out in all bozo the clown suits as long as they give me their best performance.:headbang:

1. It's an analogy, and I related it back to the topic.
2. Yes, I'm indicating that attire and professionalism go hand in hand.
3. No apologies necessary.
4. I never said being unprofessional meant untalented.
5. I suggest a reading comprehension class.

1. Poor analogy; thats my point
2. Couldn't disagree more; this is a metal concert, not a job interview
3. Damn right
4. You missed the boat Moe; nothing unprofessional about their performance
5. Thanks for the advice; don't know what I would do without you.

Lets move on as this is a meaningless discussion. You either like the band or you don't...

I like SECRET SPHERE. Liked them then and like them still. I loved their performance and their stage attire was kinda retro. So what? It took me back a little to my younger days and in a cosmic sorta way, I'm grateful.

I don't like the band much, but I give everyone a chance at PPUSA. They completely failed to impress me for pretty much the same reason Meteornotes gave - they seemed disjointed, and somewhat lost. Definitely not up the usual standards of the show. However, others seemed to enjoy them, so...