Sectarianism is OK but Racism is bad

Sep 21, 2010
In black metal, when a band has a very hateful stand towards Christians everyone is fine with that. But when it is NS or racist everyone shits their pants. I find that very hypocritical. How is it bad to be Anti Semetic when it is ok to be Anti Christian?:confused:

Because racism is hating for something that isn't controllable IE skin color/ancestry. Most would argue belief systems are changable, but anyone religious would probably disagree regarding whatever religion they happen to believe/participate in.

Of course they are changeable, that's why they are called beliefs. Another thing is that a person chooses not to change them.

I'd argue that it also has to do with hegemony--e.g. Judaism as an ethnicity/religion is a minority group in most parts of the world and hating on minority groups is seen by most people as different from hating on dominant groups.

This might help explain why anti-Zionism is a completely different can of worms than antisemitism.

Because in a democratic society, minorities actually get to speak their minds and have things that are racist and unpleasing to them banned, and majorities are down trodden by the minorities, those who are not Christian will support people who hate on Christianity. This is stupid.

Because racism is hating for something that isn't controllable IE skin color/ancestry. Most would argue belief systems are changable, but anyone religious would probably disagree regarding whatever religion they happen to believe/participate in.

This. Christianity is a choice, being born of jewish ancestry is not.

Furthermore, you should consider this: does the band have a hateful stand towards christians or christianity? I do hate christianity, and any kind of organized religion, for that sake. I have nothing against christians personally, as long as they act normally. Be christian, muslim, jew, buddha whatever you like if you want it, but don't bother me with it.

I have nothing against christians personally, as long as they act normally. Be christian, muslim, jew, buddha whatever you like if you want it, but don't bother me with it.

what about "The great commision"???
if you're in an area where Christians are constantly trying to convert non-Christians into being Christian, it's because of "The Great Commision"