Seen In Flames last night.

Wyldechyld

Jordan Guthrie
Jan 22, 2011
Oklahoma, US
Along with Trivium, Veil of Maya, and Kyng. They were all incredible except for Veil of Maya. I still can't believe how amazing In Flames were :headbang:
Have any of you guys seen the current tour with this line-up?

Gonna see them in a few weeks. Did they play many old songs?

They played a few old songs. Here's what they played last night from what I can remember : Sounds of a Playground Fading, Deliver Us, All for Me, Trigger, Alias, Swim, The Hive, The Quiet Place, Where the Dead Ships Dwell, Fear Is the Weakness, Come Clarity, Ropes, Delight and Angers,Cloud Connected, The Mirror's Truth, and Take This Life.

They played a few old songs. Here's what they played last night from what I can remember : Sounds of a Playground Fading, Deliver Us, All for Me, Trigger, Alias, Swim, The Hive, The Quiet Place, Where the Dead Ships Dwell, Fear Is the Weakness, Come Clarity, Ropes, Delight and Angers,Cloud Connected, The Mirror's Truth, and Take This Life.

It pains me to say this, but that setlist breaks my heart! I mean shit, even only for the weak, pinball map would have been nice :S

It pains me to say this, but that setlist breaks my heart! I mean shit, even only for the weak, pinball map would have been nice :S

During the set Anders said the reason why they don't play many old songs is because even though people say they want to hear them, they don't usually sing along. And he said he loves the crowd singing along so they play mostly new music. But personally, I like pretty much all of In Flames music so I was happy with the setlist :)

:zombie:

:yuk:

Insane, out of all the songs they could choose from their old stuff they choose Swim and The Hive. They need an Iron Maiden like "play all the old songs" tour.

Swim and The Hive are great, but still I'm kinda disappointed. I'm sure they'll bring the energy though, they always put on an amazing live show.

That's the same set list we got from them...might just be sick of those same songs after 18 years of playing them, but yeah I would loved to have heard at least one song from each album.

Seen them with this setlist not too long ago here in the Netherlands. Was great!
True, the setlist would not have been my first pick, but honestly, it barely matters what they play because the atmosphere is amazing anyway.
To sum it up: the band plays tight tight tight! The sound and the light both were perfect. The crowd was screaming along with every word like they should, and eventough I don't really like Anders' vocalstyle, I have to admit that he pulls it off like a boss live.

The only thing that really annoys me is that every single song has to have a wahwah solo close to the end. But I guess that's just their formula. Great band and great evening nonetheless.

Ya IF is always a good band live. But IMHO they've become a bit formulaic. I couldn't make it through the latest record. I kept hitting fast forward because the formula itself isn't entirely spectacular.

This is as opposed to say, Ride the Lightning, Master of Puppets, and AJFA: those three albums had the "fast song, epic title track, heavy third song, ballad fourth track, instrumental toward the end" etc. formula, which was repetitive, but was outstanding. Of course that all went to hell as all good things do.