Seggresion & Superheist

union9

He Who Can Not Be Named
Oct 19, 2002
Australia
www.internettrash.com
Does anyone else think that these two bands are the arse end of Australian Metal?Do they really deserve any of the attention they are getting when there are far better and worthy Australian bands fitting of their place in the metal scene.I laugh at the fact that these bands have been the flag holders for Australian metal for the last couple of years.What about Damaged,Infernal Method,Sakkuth,Misery,Psycroptic,The Bezerker,Excruciate,Hollow,Transfear?To name BUT a few.Thank fuck Devolved are starting to get some recognition.

Yep. Seggresion & Superheist suck big time.
Like you said, there are so many more bands out there that desevre more recognition but sadly, the record companies don't want to do anything 'bout it and so the bands have to make the struggle themselves.
But such is the way of the Australian popular metal scene (as opposed to the real underground scene of Australia metal).
But do ya'll want to know the scariest thing of all 'bout the Australian metal scene?
And that is that the biggest selling Australian metal band of all time is Mortification. A Chirstian Death metal band (as in they sing songs about God and Christ in a death metal style, not sing songs 'bout the band Christian Death). They sell tons of records in the hardcore religious parts pf America & Europe and stand at the top of the entire Australian music charts as Australia's highest selling band.
Now that's funkin' unfair.
Meditate on this.
Peace
The Pimp NeonBlack

I've been hating this band for years now.It is fucking pathetic that thses guy's got as far as they have.I mean,they haven't got one decent song to their credit.And the funny thing is,if we were to approach them and tell them this they would throw out the "it was god's will" speil to us.Or something just as lame.And i don't see them really supporting the scene at all.I don't think i've never seen them tour with any other Austrailan metal bands.If they had any decency at all they would at least use their "status" to help out other struggling and far more worthy bands to a needed helping start.Obviously they feel "holier than though" to even be seen on the same bill as any of the kick ass Aussie metal bands out there.Granted all the other bands don't share the same bullshit religious stance as Mortification but it's all about Metal right?

The reason for not touring Australia is because the singer lives in Ohio, most of the time as him his wife ( i think it's his wife) Cathy run Rowe Productions label there plus he is involved in some church activities there, although I did see them on the bill for one of the Metalfests that Metal Warriers did in Melb a while ago and they were even interviewed on Heavy Shift

Union9, the fact that if they did use the excuse of not playing as "we are holier than thou" would be exactly the same as one of the many AUstralian black metal bands not touring because thats not "true"

Metal is about music,not politics and religion.

Originally posted by Koichi
Union9, the fact that if they did use the excuse of not playing as "we are holier than thou" would be exactly the same as one of the many AUstralian black metal bands not touring because thats not "true"

Metal is about music,not politics and religion.

Well thats my point exactly.Metal should be about the music but bands like Mortification,Seggression,Superheist seem to me to be the total opposite of that stance.

Fuck that shit, none of it is true metal anyway. If you are worried about the fact that there are too many nu-"metal" bands around, then pick up an instrument and put something out there. It could take years, but it will be worth it in the end.

About the recognition factor. Most of the bands you mention dont really care about that shit, though there are a few notable exceptions in there. For me, its a good thing that the best musicians dont make enough money through music to support themselves financially. If they did, they would just have commercial expectations to live up to, and sell out. There are countless examples of this happening everywhere.