Sepultura opinions?

Manbient

Queer Old Man
Jan 12, 2002
Calgary, AB, Canada
www.bumblelovesmusic.com
just wondering what you all think of these guys...

...now i think i am in the majority here, but i don't see the big deal with them. At one point i owned Arise, Beneath The Remains, Chaos AD and Roots, and not one of them impressed me in the least. i sold them all. of course i didn't give the discs a million listens, spun each one maybe twice through, but damn.. i was expecting good thrash and it was just boring. anyone here really dig them? just wonderin... to me the ALMOST sound like a bad slayer... a rough comparison but that is what it made me think of... it doesn't help i don't exactly like slayer too much either :p

Yeah, they are one of the bands that got me into metal and I love them to this day. They're just one of those 'classic' acts now. I dig mostly everything up to Chaos AD, especially Arise and Beneath The Remains.

I owned Roots and some other CDs, but I sold them some years ago. Just the same as with my Pantera CDs. don'like that kind of music anymore.

Arise is brillaint fumble... i don't like anything after that tho.

I can't understand how someone can't like Arise, it is such a great album. Along with Machine Head's Burn My Eyes and Fear Factory's Demanufacture. AWESOME 90's thrash

Originally posted by Trapped

I can't understand how someone can't like Arise, it is such a great album. Along with Machine Head's Burn My Eyes and Fear Factory's Demanufacture. AWESOME 90's thrash

Hell yeah to that. I like chaos A.D too though. Roots has some pretty cool stuff, but some real shit too and does tend to get boring. I had a brief period where I was introduced to their music, I ended up loving them and listening to them flat out for about a year to 2 years, and then I haven't wanted to listen to them since. Not that I don't like em anymore. I just lost interest.
I mean it's like this, when you can have the choice of listening to Emperor, or Sepultura what are you going to take?? I know what choice I made......... hehehe

But yeah, Demanufacture and Burn My eyes are exactly that, classic 90's thrash. Fuck those 2 albums crank. Shame both bands went downhill after that. And they did it exactly the same as eachother, both bands albums that came after the above mentioned(Obsolete and The more things change... think that's it's name) were both cool, but they lacked something that their predecessors had. And then both bands albums that followed those ones i.e, Digimortal and The burning Dead both sucked balls big time. It's funny that. Both bands went from an awesome album, to a just a cool album that can end up getting boring, to a shoot me now please album.
Oh well........:err:

Originally posted by Trapped
Arise is brillaint fumble... i don't like anything after that tho.

right on.

Sep's devinitely cool. Got really into them in the 90's and even like their new stuff. But I'm starting to get bored of the tribal music stuff.:cool:

Off Topic but hey, Brought Soulfly's latest album. Now I liked the first 2 quite a bit. But this third one sucks ass so bad. I think Max tried to go back to metal, but failed miserably. Boring, riffs ain't nothing special, no solo's, singing blah, songs and structure messy. Total crap!!!! What a waste, I'll think twice before I buy anything from Soulfly again.
:cry: :mad:

What sucks, is that I hope this album won't wreck their concert which is coming this Thursday. Hopefully they won't play so much from it. Unforntunately I think they will cause the second albums a write off as there was to many guest appearances.

Same... Up till Roots came out I was pretty heavily into Sepultura... I rarely ever listen to any of their stuff anymore though... (Same with Metallica, Megadeth, Anthrax, Slayer, Pantara and the rest from that era...) Once in a while, I'll give 'em a spin but only if I'm in a reminiscent mood...

ahh ok cool... and just for the record in my first post when i said "majority" i meant "minority" i dunno how i confused that hehehe

...maybe i need to listen to Arise again :p

and Machine Head's first album IS fucking good... but i would almost call in Nu Metal right from the beginning, it has the slowed down Nu-ish riffs in it, just none of the other components really. And Fear Factory is another band i never liked much... i own Demanufacture and it is boring to me, with the exception of the song Self Bias Resistor (and even that isn't too terribly interesting) but i am weird i guess.

I must say that I dig Sepultura,
Their first mini cd and first album were maybe not that good(but still good).
But with Schizophrenia, then BTR and finally Arise.
Those three albums are classics goddamnit.
I really like those three albums, they are grand trash in my opinion.

i used to like them a lot up to chaos ad.......roots has nice moments but when max left the band...i don't know...i can't stand derrick vocals neither the songs they're making today (nation is pure shit).
i hope max back in the band or, if not, the band should end...

Well, Schizophrenia is a true masterpiece. Also BTR and Arise are great thrashworks. I don't really care for the rest of there realeases, they sound very uninspired and boring.