Sepultura

Wolff

New Metal Member
May 9, 2001
What the hell happened to them?

A couple of great albums: Schizophrenia, Beneath the Remains, Arise, a decent experimentation Chaos A.D. and then nothing but mediocre stuff.

Money hungy bastards.

Max left... That kind of ruined stuff. But more than that I think we just moved on you know? I mean compare Opeth to Sepultura. Which one is more interesting? Opeth.

Sepultura is more of a mindless teenage angst music, but I still put their older stuff on from time to time.

I see what you're saying, but they still could have put on other decent albums.

Max didn't leave, he was forced out by the remaining band members... one of which was his own brother Igor Cavalera.

If they aren't money hungry bastards, I don't know who else is.

I didn't say Max leaving was "it". It merely was a symptom of their disconcern about music, and a clear sign that money was on their mind first and foremost.

btw, I have Roots, and it is utter shit. I don't sell, trade, giveaway CD's out of principle, but giving that CD away has occurred to me many times.

There are several Sepultura songs I like - War For Territory, Ratamahatta are a couple. I haven't payed attention since Max left - although I saw them in concert with the new vocalist, and he sounded pretty close to the original.

Max left because his wife is a thieving slut who filtered money from the rest of the band....and the band found out. Igor told Max to fuck her off...or fuck off
The rest my friends is history
PS I like Chaos AD and Beneath the Remains...Dead embryonic Cells was good too.
They were dead in the real metal scene long before Max left...I think they found popular recognition somehow with Roots and then every song after that sounds the same to me

Yeah Roots was aweful. I used to really like Arise, Chaos A.D. and Schizophrenia, but I hardly even listen to that any more.

I think Max leaving the band (or getting kicked out) had a greater effect on the psyche of the fans than their music. It's similar to when Bruce left maiden. I swore that I will not buy The X Factor nor Viritual IX, but of course I ended up buying both of them, and I even liked them. I believe that greed had a lot to to with their downfall, but if I'm not mistaking they're making less money now than they did before. I might be wrong though. Anyway it's sad.

I still listen to Arise often, I have often thought if Max made another album like Arise with Soulfly I might be able to forgive him for all the crappy music. Of course that will never happen so who cares about either band they both are equally bad now.

Arise and Beneath the remains are awesome albums.

I can't stand any stuff after Arise tho. It's sad, because they had something really special going on there for a whil.e

Originally posted by Wolff

Max didn't leave, he was forced out by the remaining band members... one of which was his own brother Igor Cavalera.

If they aren't money hungry bastards.

max left dude. the band did not want to renew Gloria's
(his wife) contract as their manager. so he quit coz he felt
that she had done everything perfectly.

i agree roots was weak. after his departure, they went
for the money.... and gay experimentation. without max,
they aren't even sepultura at all.