4) Roots
5) Schizophrenia
6) Morbid Visions
7) Roorback
8) Against
9) Nation

Post-Max Sepultura is terrible.

speed said:
well we all are entitled to our opinions, but why Against Sculpted Cold? That album sounds like a trainwreck to my ears.
Ok, well, for one thing, I don't like Max's voice much. His voice was brittle and he sucked live. Derrick is a lot more dynamic; he's both more aggressive, more melodic and he's much more convincing live. Secondly, i'm not a fan of old school thrash, so I don't enjoy the early albums much, or the transitional ones. I find the tribal experimentation much more interesting and unique than plain thrash...but the reason I like Against better than Roots in that case is because Roots was muddy and still had Max on vocals. Nation I enjoy but it's not as varied as Against, and Roorback is just plain, in much the same was as (though in a different style obviously) Beneath the Remains. Against just rocks my socks. I find most songs full of interesting if somewhat plain riffs, the tribal stuff is the best on that album, and Derrick is just an excellent vocalist. Plus the artwork is kickass, but Sep's artwork is usually that anyway.

So there ya have it! The situation with Sepultura is another one of those musical opinion phenomenas that just completely baffles me. I can understand why people that loved old school thrash would hate the modern stuff, but then, I always wonder why people love Beneath the Remains so much because the tracks are so ridiculously samey, and Max is barely doing anything more than talking.

1. Schizophrenia
2. Morbid Visions
3. Beneath The Remains
4. Bestial Devastation
5. Arise
6. Chaos A.D.
7. Roots

Schizophrenia is my favorite, without a doubt. And I find nothing wrong with the production, quite the opposite. The muddy sound just adds to the primitive atmosphere.

My favourite Sepultura album is Roots for its experimentation with tribal music and that song "Straighthate". I love Beneath The Remains for its intense, concentrated thrash metal. I would say Schizophrenia is their best album if the production wasn't so weak. You can definately hear the strong Slayer influence there and they sounded more chaotic and creepy on that album. Arise is a good album but I find it boring compared to Beneath The Remains. It is like that album but they're playing around with groove and atmosphere more.

Everyone slags off post-Max Cavalera Sepultura but Green is a good vocalist with wide range. They got more hardcore/experimental with him joining. And everyone always seen Cavalera as the most important member of the band but Sepultura wouldn't of even gotten to where they are with out Andreas Kisser joining them on Schizophrenia.

oh wait wait wait!!!! does that mean it sounds like shit?? am I right am I right am I right??!?!?!?! *hops up and down in excitement*

*ahem* :)

well, if so....I agree. Very much so.

hehe, well, my sleeping patterns are fucked, and i've got the flu, I just slept 7 hours, but i'm backed-up two days awake, so i'm gonna have to go back to bed sometime mid/late morning. :ill: what a mess.

Yeah, Soulfly definitely suck.

And Derrick Green's voice is amazing. I wish the music was more interesting these days, though...

I didn't even bother to buy any Sepultura after Roots, and I think that one was definitely their weakest up to that point. My friend made me a tape of Against, and I wasn't at all impressed to say the least.