Sepultura

unfortunately bands aren't consistant with when they start to suck. Usually it's later albums because they "mature musically" which means they don't have the energy to play fast riffs or they lost most of thier drug induced creativity. keep in mind that's a very general statement. then there's the generation problem. what was cool back in 85 is not cool to me since my tastes in metal were formed in mostly 95 when i was 14. so both issues seem to be the case for me with sepultura. all of my friends who are sep fans prefer beaneah, arise, chaos and Roots. Chaos was the first one i heard but Arise is my all time fave. which songs have you heard that you really like? i'd pick those albums. but pretty much you won't go wrong with picking arise, chaos or beneath.
-Jono-

Stormwatch said:
I'm wearing a Sepultura T shirt right now so I think I'm qualified to speak on this matter (ignore everyone else's opinion - are THEY wearing a Seps shirt? No.)

Get Beneath the Remains, then
Arise

then stop buying them because none of their other albums come close to that stuff. Especially the nu-metal-tastic Roots album which licks my cock.
Chaos A.D. is better then Arise. Arise is their most overrated album. Dante XXI is almost as good as Arise.

My two favorites are Arise and Chaos A.D. I wouldn't bother with anything after Roots... I cannot even believe they are still touring around as Sepultura with the two founding members/brothers out of the band..

tomass74 said:
My two favorites are Arise and Chaos A.D. I wouldn't bother with anything after Roots... I cannot even believe they are still touring around as Sepultura with the two founding members/brothers out of the band..

heh... well heres some more reunion gossip for you then ;)......and hell yeah, get beneath the remains if you havent got it....think you'll have a close favourite to arise and chaos if you do

----------------------------------------------------

"When we first split up, I was like, 'No, I'm never doing that shit again. Screw this, I hate this shit', but I think different now. It's working itself out. When it happens, it'll happen, and it'll be good." - Max Cavalera gets positive about a Sepultura re-union (blabbermouth.net)

Yeh Sep became pretty disgraceful after roots. I can't believe that they actually put out the shit they did on Against, Nation. I would be fuckin embarrased to claim ownership of that shit.

Soulfly is also lamentable. Did anyone else hear that song done with Max, David Ellefson and Marc Rizzo from Ill Nino?:lol:

Yeh Sep became pretty disgraceful after roots. I can't believe that they actually put out the shit they did on Against, Nation. I would be fuckin embarrased to claim ownership of that shit.

Soulfly is also lamentable. Did anyone else hear that song done with Max, David Ellefson and Marc Rizzo from Ill Nino?:lol:

Against is a terrible piece of crap...but they have gotten better since Nation.

Soulfly's Dark Ages and Conquer are the best things max has done since Chaos AD. The first Cavalera Conspiracy album is bad ass.

Soulfly's Dark Ages and Conquer are the best things max has done since Chaos AD. The first Cavalera Conspiracy album is bad ass.

Have you heard the new CC album? It's fuckin insanely heavy and much better than the first one, IMO. Check it out if you haven't already, it's called Blunt Force Trauma. They're coming to Houston in like 2 weeks, can't wait! I hope to hear a good amount of old Sep songs.