Serenity Painted Death in new album

Mar 18, 2002
VA, USA
soilworkers.com
I am wondering if Still Lift as a story fits anywhere into this album or if Opeth just did this for fun but as you can hear in the beginning of track five early on there is a part that is exactly a party for Serenity Painted Death and Mikael even does that "Uh" thing right after it the same way too. It is a good little returning concept.. something Dream Theater have made a career out of.

Damning typo I see. Oh well ...

JESUS there are more typos than I thought...

let me try again

I am wondering if Still Life, as a story, fits anywhere into this album's concept or if Opeth just did this for fun but as you can hear in the beginning of track five early on there is a part that is exactly a part from Serenity Painted Death and Mikael even does that "Uh" thing right after it the same way too. So is this a returning concept or what?

Nah .. i noticed that too - he does the little grunt like in sernity painted death, and theres a similar rhythm to the riff.. I personally like it .. i doubt it was an attempt at creating a little nod to older songs. And the album doesn't really have a concept.. only a few of the songs were part of the original concept