Serenity

Mickeyaz

New Metal Member
Sep 13, 2012
OMG serenity totally kicked ass, they are the best by far that I have seen. Really enjoyed them, this is my first year at ProgPower and it is nothing I have ever experienced before. You guys have done an awesome job. I hope to be able to come back for more. :headbang:

Biggest breakout thus far. Plus they are the coolest for hanging out, they made the Wednesday Nightwish show, and were walking the line before doors this morning.

I just got a pic with Georg, super cool guy. Their set was only one song shy of everything I could've hoped for. I really wanted Heartblood Symphony. But Fairytales...holy shit.

Absolutely killer, one of the best performances I've ever seen at this fest. They have great songs and pull them off incredibly well live, all while having great energy. Also that custom Mayones Regius 7 string was BEAUTIFUL.

I was really looking forward to Serenity and enjoyed their set a ton. Really impressed with the seemingly effortless vocal harmonies, an area where a lot of bands seem to fall down.

The two singers came up in the seats to watch Epica and were chatting with people along the way, very friendly.

Favorite of the weekend by far. Also, can we say MAJOR KUDOS for not piping in a ton of background vocals!!!! Yayee! Actual singers!!!!!!!! (Props also go to Pretty Maids, Primordial, and Mystic Prophecy for the same reason).

They were the biggest surprise for me. I am not a "fan" per se. I like them, I dont skip the track when they come up on Pandora ... but what they did on stage, especially the aforementioned vocal harmonies and blending ... Holy Crap ! You just cant get better than what they brought to ProgPower. I have so much respect for them now.

Hands down the band of the show for me. That is saying something because 1) My expectations for them were already huge 2) The quality of performances across the entire festival schedule were excellent and the bar was set high.

Really impressed with the seemingly effortless vocal harmonies, an area where a lot of bands seem to fall down.

Favorite of the weekend by far. Also, can we say MAJOR KUDOS for not piping in a ton of background vocals!!!! Yayee! Actual singers!!!!!!!! (Props also go to Pretty Maids, Primordial, and Mystic Prophecy for the same reason).

Yes! Five part vocal harmony that's album perfect? Boom!

... but what they did on stage, especially the aforementioned vocal harmonies and blending ... Holy Crap ! You just cant get better than what they brought to ProgPower. I have so much respect for them now.

Thank you all for beating me to the punch on this as I couldn't wait to get home on my computer to post this very thing. I can't tell you how much it bugs me to have so much prerecorded backing tracks.

These guys really nailed it....really brought it to the table on how to perform what you record. Just excellent. Definitely the surprise of the fest for me, and easily the best performance, until Symphony X blew me out again (noting the exception that I missed Primordial except for their last song). Bravo!

IMO the festival this year had the most strong performances. There were so many really tight sets, with so many bands dialed in, that this was the best PP ever in technical terms.
Nightwish has never performed a tighter set.
Kamelot (sorry Khan) has never performed a tighter set.
Symphony X were fantastic. I saw them at 4, and have seen theme a lot of times in other venues, and I think this might be their best set as well.
Redemption....damn.

And then we have Serenity. I said from the day they were announced that they were going to be the group to watch and they exceeded my expectations. Harmonies? Perfect. Song composition? Perfect. Musicianship? Perfect. They played to the crowd and actually put on a performance, not a concert.

In a year where we saw a ton of bands interact with the fans, before and after the set, the members of Serenity and Amaranthe seemed to "be there" the most. Could not have hoped for a better experience.

My wish is that they put out two more strong disks, and get a 1.5 hour set (or a US TOUR!!!!) ASAP.

To the members of the band, I just gotta say YOU GUYS RAAAAAWK!!!
:worship::worship: