Set list suggestions

thewendy said:
Hypocrisy would like your help in compiling the setlist for the upcoming tours.
So post all your suggestions here (only on topic replies!!)

Hey guys here go a good one :p

1- Burn by the cross
2 - Left to rot
3 - God is a...
3 - Pleasure of Molestation
4 - Osculum obscenum
5 - Symbol of Baphomet
6 - Reborn
7 - Path to babylon
8 - Orgy in blood
9 - Roswell 47
10 - Buried
11 - Adjusting the Sun
12 - Apocalyptic Hybrid
13 - Legions Descend
14 - Fire in the Sky
15 - Another Dead End (for another dead man)
16 - Turn the page
17 - Stillborn
18 - New world

well, could yet include Nightmare if have an extra time :)

arrival of the demons parts 1 and 2
slippin away
fractured millenium
the final chapter
Until the end
when the candle fades
adjusting the sun
exclamations of a necrofag
osculum obscentum
carved up
legions
fuck you

-cheers, looking forward to this in 2004. Will be my 3rd time seeing you guys!!

Impotent God
Sodomized
Roswell 47
Never to Return
Black Forest
A Coming Race
Carved Up
Elastic Inverted Visions
Slippin' Away
Drained
Paled Empty Sphere

Hypocrisy can't play many songs in their shows, but in my opinion this setlist could be good... If Hypocrisy want, changing the order too...

Instead of playing the same old Penetralia, Pleasure Of Molestation, Apocalipse and so on (good songs, but in the long run they've bored me), I think they could play these (in my opinion) good songs that have never been played live.

Hopefully Cannibal Corpse realizes that Hypocrisy owns them, and makes them look silly. Maybe CC will allow for an hour long set list at least... :loco:

:worship: :headbang:

DAMN. After recently re-listening to the Abducted and Final Chapter CDs I am awestruck again. I feel like I'm back in the early to mid 90s at the height of death metal. I'm giddy like a schoolgirl. Good Lord, how can one band have SO MANY incredible songs!!!!????? :OMG:

I want to hear almost every song on both of these two albums live.

And I still have to re-listen to all the other albums now that I've found darklyrics.com.

I can't get enough Hypocrisy again. I'll never stray again. Can't wait for the Arrival!!!!

Well, being as I have been a Hypocrisy fan since Penetralia came out ive seen all the changes and of course own every cd, even Catch 22 which I didnt like much. I have the new cd and am glad its not as "trendy" sounding as Catch 22, in fact it SLAYS!! Anyways, I have a few things I personally would like to hear when you come through Portland, Oregon in Feb (even though you were JUST here..lol)

My first suggestion is a bit different:

Now that you have Horgh in the band and can now have true blast beats in your songs and not the DAT DAT DAT DAT ones, HOW ABOUT YOU PLAY A SONG FROM YOUR ABYSS SIDE PROJECT!!! PLEASE!!!!!!! I would personally enjoy that great deal concidering The Abyss was a great side project and would LOVE to hear even ONE song live!! It is the same members anyways..so essentially its still Hypocrisy. It would be great to see Peter and Mike switch instruments too!! ADD SOME FUN!!

Second:

Songs Id like to hear...
Open with Born Dead, Buried Alive (new cd)..its perfect
Buried
Legions Decend
Paranormal Mysterie
Inseminated Adoption
Roswell 47
Fire In the Sky
The North Wind
Attachments to the Ancestor
Jesus Fall/God is a Lie
Stillborn (new cd)
The Final Chapter
break===== then come back on stage.....
New World ( from new cd...you HAVE to play this song!!)
Exclamation of a Necrofag
Fractured Millenium
Death Row (No Regrets)

Granted, there are too many songs I want to hear, but it would be nice to hear some new ones live you dont usually play, as my list shows.

Now, go watch "Fire in the Sky" and then watch "Communion"..good flicks!

HAILS!!!!!!!!

DarthVengeant said:
Songs Id like to hear...
Open with Born Dead, Buried Alive (new cd)..its perfect
Stillborn (new cd)
New World ( from new cd...you HAVE to play this song!!)
Abso-fuckin-lutely!!!:hotjump: :headbang:

Born Dead... is one of the best openers they've ever done and would be ideal to start off a show, with the slow intro and the monster riffing that it leads into. I dig the hell out of Stillborn (hell, the whole cd is unbelievable), but I would have to bump it for War Within. As for New World........Holy Shit. I cannot get enough of that song. That is PRIME Hypocrisy right there, my friends. Very much on par with Adjusting The Sun, which is about the biggest compliment I can think of. If they were to only play one song off "The Arrival", it would have to be New World.

Hey Pete,
at the phoenix show at the Mason Jar please please please play A Coming Race & Osculum Obscenum - if not for me, then for my unborn daughter Aria who will be listening =)

Hi Peter! First thanks for have realized in the last 14 oct 2003 Milan - Alcatraz show, the starting of the show with The Gathering /Roswell, like wacken '98 that i've proposed you in the past setilist suggestion! I Think that the true start for Hypocrisy is this, instead of Fractured Millennuim, that is also cool as the end song, (but the best
for me, that am a traditionalist, is "The Final Chapter", for the end show song!)
I've also yet thanks personally Michael for this pleasure, that night just after the show.
So, you have mentiones Horgh and blastbeats eh? Thus in the no mercy
coming show in Italy - Milano, i'd like to hear Abducted song, or also T.E.M.P.T. . I'd like to hear Carved Up, i hope really to hear The Fourth Dimension and The Abyss (hey if you want the 3rd guitarist, i will stay just under the stage ;) , Inquire Within, also i want Adjusting this fuckin Sun, and Through the window of Time (i succeed, and very good, at my home playing guitar and voice on this song :headbang: ). I think that you must play the immortals song Roswell, The Final Chapter (mandatory everytime!!!) Killing Art and instead of Osculum and/or Pleasure you can give us Time Warp and/Or Apocyliptic Hybrid or fuckin Inseminated Adoption (horg will have doing more with drums eheheh!!!), and if you have more time for show i hope also to hear something old like Necromicon, Black Forest (great outro yeahhh!), Never to Rerurn, Apocalypse, Penetralia, or also Lies (fuckin doooom!) or wathever you want! I hope to hear also some from new album! (and i thik that we, european no mercy tour fans, can have the privileges that can hear the new album next 16 feb, and select songs for setlist suggestion also after have listened and relistened at our home, and have more time to proposed it to you instead US. tour that start nearly the release of album!)
Finally, i think that everytime is a problem balancing/mixing in right way fans volitions for the setlist show with your, and accroding also to the time disponible of show, thus select you the best that for you may be the best, but i hope to hear the best and another fuckin destructive show (sure like death! ; remember that i will do 2000 kilometer for the show!!! :headbang: .

I also hope that, after show you and Hypoguys goes to transilvanya for drink some beer with the "not too much" fans, and the really best fans!
Thanks very much, and the best future for Hypocrisy, new line up, new Album, Abyss studios, your family and you Peter!

Hail

ADJUSTING THE SUN
left to rot
penetralia
pleasure of molestation
the fourth dimension
buried
roswell 47
inseminated adoption
until the end
blinded
killing art
the final chapter

Open up with Pene'fuckin'tralia!! Also play Attached To The Ancestor, Osculum Obscenum, Buried, Killing Art, The Fourth Dimension, The North Wind, etc., (insert song here). Close with Roswell 47, and then leave the stage and return with an encore of Fire In The Sky, and Slippin' Away.

Woa!!!!!!!

They're coming to Chile, now I can put my suggestions!!!

1. Inquier Within
2. The Arrival of the Demons (Part 2)
3. When the Candle Fades
4. The Abyss
5. Request Denied
6. Paranormal Misteria
7. Destroyed (PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
8. Uncontrolled
9. New World (My fav. for The Arrival)

So here we are waiting to see you on Chile, guys you will see that South American crowd is the best, Horg came with Immortal on 2001 so he must know very well about Chile

Roswell 47
Paled Empty Sphere
Killing Art
Disconnected Magnetic Corridors
Left To Rot
Elastic Inverted Visions
Until The End
Buried
Request Denied
Hatred
On The Edge Of Madness
Point Of No Return
Carved Up
The Final Chapter

Fractured Sky
Penetralia
Osculum Obscenum
PUBLIC PUPPET!!!!@@!@#$%$%$!%!$#%#$!%!#$%
Apocalypse
Another Dead End
Destroyed!!!
Until the End
Pleasure of Molestation
FRactured Millenium
All turns Black
Turn the (motherfucking) Page (bitch)
Edge of Madness
Roswell 47!!!!!

There it is, Pete. Play this set for Chicago and I'll name my child after you.

DarthVengeant said:
Now that you have Horgh in the band and can now have true blast beats in your songs and not the DAT DAT DAT DAT ones, HOW ABOUT YOU PLAY A SONG FROM YOUR ABYSS SIDE PROJECT!!! PLEASE!!!!!!!
I agree, it's a great idea, The abyss was really a brilliant side-project, it would be awesome to hear even a single song ! Coming back to the setlist suggestions, from the new album apart from Erased i really loved Slave To The Parasites, it's another song i would like to hear in Milan for the next no Mercy festival :cool:

Damn ! ! !, it is hard to say because hypocrisy has a lot of great songs. I would like to hear and see in a live performance some songs like orgy in blood, reincarnation, disconnected magnetic corridors, the final chapter, pleasure of molestation, inferior devoties, god is a lie, until the end, roswell 67, legions descend . . . and any other song that puts your head banging on. I´m very happy because I´m from Colombia (Yes, Colombia, not Columbia ! ! !) and I´ve just checked the website and my favourite Death Metal Band of All Times is going to play in my country. Finally, after 5 years of pledges to the forces of darkness, these gods of metal have putted their eyes on this country. :headbang: