setlist for new tour

You spent the night at the ferry terminal? You're from the island, I gather? Nanaimo here!

My wife and I were on the 5:15 out of Tsawwassen to Duke Point this morning. She managed to sleep a bit, but I didn't. I can't remember the last time I did that. It was definitely before I got married and had kids. Running off to metal shows and pretending I'm 20 again...

Our pictures didn't turn out too well. Cheap digital camera and all. My wife is seeing what she can do to clean some of them up.

Intro
1.Twilight of the THunder god
2. Free Will Sacrifice
3. Asator
4.North Sea Storm
5. Where Silent Gods stand guard
6.Valhalla Awaits Me
7.Guardians of Asgard
8.Runes come to my memory
9.Tattered banners and bloody flags
10. Amon Amarth
11.Where is your god
12. Gods of war arise
13. Death in Fire

Encore
14. Cry of the black birds (with intro)
15. Pursuit of vikings

EDIT: FIXED SONG FOUR
Why the fuck are they not playing Varyags of Miklagaard? Unhappy about that. I've already seen Victorious March once, would be fine with seeing it again but I can die happy. Pursuit of Vikings is a sweet song but I've heard it way too many times and they must be sick of playing it every night since the FoN release party and getting the crowd to sing along every time.

Amon Amarth is sweet, that's awesome that they're pulling that out. North Sea Storm is an odd choice, I'd much rather see Masters Of War or the Last With Pagan Blood or something but I don't mind.

I feel like they can stop playing the singles from With Oden. Runes To My Memory (I hope they don't cum) is a great song but for some reason I'm not a huge fan of Cry of the Blackbirds and Valhalla Awaits Me is getting old. Seen them all live and VAM and CotBb are good live but not great. Rather have something like Down the Slopes of Death.

Guardians of Asgard and Twilight of the Thunder God are not only obligatory but also great. Where is your God should be good as well. Tattered Banners And Bloody Flags has no right to be there when Varyags is not, but w/e. Still a good song.

Asator, Death In Fire, and Where Silent Gods Stand Guard are simply essential. Glad to see them.

Gods Of War Arise is a great first three minutes followed by an okay but rather unnecessary 3 minutes of fluff. It's blatant and unnecessary padding and it would be nice if they replaced it with just playing the chorus a couple more times. And really, why the fuck would you write a killer chorus like that and then only play it once and then spend three minutes fooling around?

I wish they played Varyags too. I would rather have that than Gods of War Arise and Asator. I would have also liked to see The Dragon's Flight Across the Waves.

when it comes to prices keep in mind that they vary depending on how much venue takes off of each one, the more they (the venue) takes/charges/steals the more they cost 'you', I've seen huge price swings between Vancouver & Seattle for example and that was when $1 US = $1 CA

the exchange rate is currently equal, but prices haven't compensated, so canadian shit is more expensive afaik, which is why many canadians come to the US to buy expensive shit like guitars. Anyhow.
Shirts at the Palladium range from $25 (standard for a headliner) to $15-$25 for opening acts. Although it's not always that way. At Gigantour High on Fire shirts were fucking $35, which is why nobody bought one.

I'm hoping Einsiferum/The Absence/Belphegor cds will be $10. CDs are usually cheap.

I've never been to an Amon Amarth show before Anaheim but I have a feeling that was one of the most epic shows they've ever done.

This is a pretty bad set list. Amon Amarth always brings a great show regardless, so I'm looking forward to it, but it seems like they're forgetting about fans from before the the days of Fate of Norns (Closing with "Persuit of Vikings"?!) and With Oden On Our Side.

"North Sea Storm" and "Where Silent Gods Stand Guard" are going to be awesome, but I'd like to see at least ONE song from OSFTGH. Hopefully the Worcester show will get "Amon Amarth" or "Victorious March". If not, at least there's always Ensiferum.

This is a pretty bad set list. Amon Amarth always brings a great show regardless, so I'm looking forward to it, but it seems like they're forgetting about fans from before the the days of Fate of Norns (Closing with "Persuit of Vikings"?!) and With Oden On Our Side.

"North Sea Storm" and "Where Silent Gods Stand Guard" are going to be awesome, but I'd like to see at least ONE song from OSFTGH. Hopefully the Worcester show will get "Amon Amarth" or "Victorious March". If not, at least there's always Ensiferum.

Yeah over the last few tours in America their set list started to shift towards the new generation of AA fans. It’s no big secret that they are trying to capitalize on their new fans....... the young ones that helped Children of Bodom, Opeth, Cradle of Filth, etc to get to their current status. I just hope their future music/work does not change or reflect their new status, but small changes have already been noticed, especially in the last two albums.

Shit what I wouldn’t do to go back to 02/03 to see one of those shows again.