Setlist for upcoming gigs?????

one rule in my book: i can not listen to the band(s) i will be seeing that day, AT ALL, before the show. throw away the fact of burning a cd with special tracklisting, for what i hope or think they'll play, i can't even listen to the band AT ALL that day haha.

But wouldn't it be great to stand in front with some really obvious headphones on while you listen to a couple Opeth albums to get you warmed up?

if they will play

APRIL ETHERAL
WHEN
BLEAK
MASTER'S APPRENTICES

i swear i wont be able to survive alive that show

especially April Ethereal.. .RAWRRR

and i hope they will finish with Demon Of The Fall.

got my ticket for san diego gig :)

well.. this time around is especially important for me to find the setlist if at all possible to make a disc.. because I am taking someone with me that is unfamiliar with Opeth..and I am trying to make it a more enjoyable show for him.. I have let him borrow all my Opeth discs.. (all of them).. so hopefully he will recognize some songs... I dont know about anyone else.. but a band can be really fuck'n good.. but if you are not a bit familiar with the song structures it doesn't come across quite as well... perhaps that is just me though.

;\

REXHAVX, i totally agree.
I couldn't even fully enjoy PT on the damnation tour cause i only knew a few songs from IA, stupid dream and lightbulb sun... so the rest of the material flew right by me and was good, but not as enjoyable as Opeth's asskicking set that i knew each song 100%.

Many non-Opeth metal fans say they are boring live and that they lack a good stage presence. I think they are wrong. If you do not know their songs, you will find these unknown songs boring live. And besides, Opeth headbangs a good amount of the time and I'd rather have them stand there and rock out than be jumping around and bending in half like alot of nu metal and hardcore bands. Thank you. Again, Forest of October.

Opeth makes sure they sound they sound tight as hell live and keep the fuckups to a minimum. Just because they don't jump around on stage doesn't mean they're boring, they're just not sloppy, which is a great thing.

they don't need to jump around, their music is enough. REX, i do agree with you on the point of if you aren't familiar with a band, and you see them live it isn't half as good as it could be, if you knew their shit. i've seen bands live that i've never heard, and then after the show, dl'ed shit, and gotten into em, and regretted i didn't know the shit before i saw em, cause i woulda had a better time when that band played.

Morfiend said:
Opeth makes sure they sound they sound tight as hell live and keep the fuckups to a minimum. Just because they don't jump around on stage doesn't mean they're boring, they're just not sloppy, which is a great thing.
What the hell? They're really sloppy. Even they admit it.

Anyway, I can't wait to hear some new (old) material this time.