Setup of Pekka/Antti

Cathode

New Metal Member
May 26, 2010
What is your setup, guyz? I wanna learn about your guitar and your setup. I love your guitar tone !

Have a nice day,
Cathode

They use custom Amfisound guitars, Antti has a custom Routa called the "Atrain", if I recall correctly he has a Dimebucker in the bridge position and a Seymour Duncan Jazz in the neck position, it's got a maple neck and alder body in neck-thru design, ebony fretboard with 24 frets. I don't recall ever being able to find much on Pekka's guitar though.
Amp wise, they used Line 6 AX212s for the first 3 albums and used Peavey JSXs through Laney cabs on The Black Waltz. Not sure what they've used since then but I think I read something about them switching to Krank amps, no idea what model though.

They use custom Amfisound guitars, Antti has a custom Routa called the "Atrain", if I recall correctly he has a Dimebucker in the bridge position and a Seymour Duncan Jazz in the neck position, it's got a maple neck and alder body in neck-thru design, ebony fretboard with 24 frets. I don't recall ever being able to find much on Pekka's guitar though.
Amp wise, they used Line 6 AX212s for the first 3 albums and used Peavey JSXs through Laney cabs on The Black Waltz. Not sure what they've used since then but I think I read something about them switching to Krank amps, no idea what model though.

only change that i can make is, if you pay close attention to the bridge pickup on the 4th studio diary video, you can tell that he has an EMG in there. most likely an 81 or an HZ4

only change that i can make is, if you pay close attention to the bridge pickup on the 4th studio diary video, you can tell that he has an EMG in there. most likely an 81 or an HZ4
Ah, it would appear you're correct. It used to be a Dimebucker in the bridge though, it looks like he's still got the Seymour Duncan Jazz in the neck position though.

JSX makes total sense, I thought it was a good old 5150 with good recording technique. But ampwise they are not THAT different. I like Amfisound guitars, once I get the funds a thousand years from now, I might seek one.