Seven strings KICK ASS! <mp3 inside>

Jan 10, 2005
Done with my brand new Schecter Hellraiser C7 through an Engl Powerball head using an SM57 into a Digidesign MBox. Drums are DrumkitFromHell2, unmixed and un-eq'ed. Nothing has been mixed or anything, only volume levels. No bass guitar. As the file says...rough version. Not a real song, just messing around with the low B. Check it.

http://www.guitar-dominion.com/006roughversion.mp3

~006

Yeah 707's...I'm already wanting to switch out the bridge with an EMG 81-7 just for a tighter/more clear sound. :)

~006

Hmm, definitely brighter but...

Compared to 85, 81 sounds a lot less tight to me. Isn't 707 a 7 string version of 85?

Not sure. Well in any case, I think what I'm really wanting is the brighter one...so 81. Yep.

~006

006 said:
Shredding? Like shred solo stuff? Or what...?
No, no, just regular shredding on the low notes, not soloing. I'm getting a Schecter Blackjack C-7 later on and would like to hear how your Hellraiser sounds with the Powerball (I have one too). Of course they use vastly different pickups, but otherwise I think the guitars are pretty similar.

Man that sounded nice. You're playing the exact gear I've been thinking about lately. I'd also like to hear some open chords and stuff. More Clips!!! The 707 is supposed to be a cross between the 81 and 85. I think your tone rocks. I wouldn't change a thing.

Hmm Tonrnio, I think I know what you mean...I'll put something together today. Maybe a cover or I'll try to make something up. Open chords? lol Gah! Palm muted single string riffs = metal! Hahaha, alright I'm actually working on a new song already, I had a guy ask me if I wanted to do a band with the stuff I posted. I was like "dude, I only made it to show off my new axe", he's like "it's heavy." So I guess this stuff sounds good or something. Anyway, I'm off to work on a clip for Torniojaws and something with more open chords for Obscura.

Oh for the cab I use either the Engl Vintage 4x12, or a Marshall 1960a...both have v30's. I don't have my Recto Treditional 4x12 anymore, but I really run this amp through it. Oh well. Yep.

~006

Thanks 006+1. I really enjoyed your tone and I think I'd like to grab a Hellraiser and the 7 string with the JB in the bridge for 2 different sounds. The only thing I don't like about the Schecter's, and it's purely a preference thing, is the Tune-o-Matic bridge. I like the Hipshot type fixed bridge a little bit better.

I was originally going to get the BlackJack C7, which is basically the same thing but with Duncan JB-7 in the bridge, I forget which Duncan in the neck. I chose the Hellraiser because I'm an EMG freak. I was kinda lucky too, because right when I went to order my BlackJack, I went to the Schecter site to kind of...make sure thats what I wanted, and they had JUST added the Hellraiser, so I was like "hell. yes." I'm glad I waited until just now to get a 7 string, heh. As far as the bridge, yeah it's a preference thing...I prefer Tune-O-Matic bridges for the sustain and low-end. Besides that I got out of my shred/whammy days a long time ago, so I'm not really into using trems anymore. Besides I still have a bunch of axes with Floyd's/Floyd copies in them, so I'm pretty much set if I ever need to dive bomb, lol. Mhmm.

~006

It seems you really like that guitar huh? How much did you pay for it?

I've seen the specifications on their website and FUCK do they sound good... mahogany body, set neck, EMGs, and it's a real beauty to boot... I see the price and it's 999 dollars... Well, acceptable, that much I'm ready to spend for such a great guitar. And then I go browse some more and find that it actually goes for less than 700 dollars on some webstores... WHOA... is that even possible? That's a bit suspicious... I mean, fuck, it's got EMGs inside by default and grove tuners and all that great stuff... Sure it's made in korea but... BTW 006, how's the build quality?

I hope ther's no catch here... I seem to have set my mind really firmly on this thing. Need something with fixed bridge to complement my RG320. God, I hate floating bridges.

To tell you the truth, I couldn't be happier with it. I got it for $746 total including shipping and the case. But thats only because I had gotten a really good deal from a store in town, and they were going to take 5 weeks for it to come in. So I called DrumCityGuitarLand (www.drumcityguitarland.com) and ordered it, he gave me the same price AND it was here in two days. The store in town here takes 40% off of anything over $600 on guitars. Anything over $1200 is 30%..bla bla. The price from DCGL *was* $699, the case was $80, and shipping was going to be $50 or so. I think I made out like a bandit on this one, hehe.

Schecter is owned by ESP, so the quality is great. Well...I don't mean that just because it's owned by ESP the quality...you know what I mean. I have an ESP/LTD EC-1000 with dual EMG-81's, Sperzel tuners, mahogany body...bla bla...that guitar should cost a LOT more than what I paid for it. And I own several vintage and late model Gibson Les Pauls, a couple of Fender American Strats, USA Jacksons....and I have to be honest here....that ESP plays, looks, sounds, and feels just as good, if not then better than the US models that I own. This Schecter is an amazing guitar, well worth the money, I would have easily paid more for it.

If you are going to get one, I would definitely suggest that you order it from DCGL, and just tell them that you don't want all the extra crap (t-shirt, strap, extra strings, etc.). You won't be disappointed man. The build quality is perfect. I can't find one flaw in the fit or finish. The neck pocket is exceptionally noteworthy, it's more like a neck-thru joint rather than the typical set-neck, and I love neck-thru's, much smoother on the upper fret access. The action was perfect, and it was still in perfect tune and intonation right out of the case from shipping. I love it. Yep.

~006

006 said:
Nvm about the Haunted song lol...I'll just do something original.
Doesn't need to be anything, I would just want to hear how it sounds like ;)

Hell, try this:

Code:
A: |--------------------------3333---------------------|
E: |----------------2222-1111----------------5555-1111-|
B: |-0000-2222-3333----------------3333-6666-----------|

Just straight 16th notes ;)