Seventh Wonder - Waiting in the Wings

Nov 20, 2006
Chicago
Has anyone heard of these guys? This album is wicked! I seriously recommend you all give it a listen... they're heavily Symphony X influenced. Symphony X should take these guys out on tour with them!

I have not heard of them before you mentioned them. Judged by the track Taint The Sky they seem to be an awesome bands!! Thanks for the recommendation!

I love these guys, they got a lot of attention 'in the community' last year, though they've been around for a few years. Nice guys, too, I've spoken to them on MySpace.

I have not heard of them before you mentioned them. Judged by the track Taint The Sky they seem to be an awesome bands!! Thanks for the recommendation!

You're welcome. Taint the Sky is an awesome song... there's a crazy bass solo, too!

@ Jax - Do you know what MJR thinks of these guys, or Circus Maximus, or Vanden Plas? Would you not agree that these would all be great bands for Symphony X to tour with?

You're welcome. Taint the Sky is an awesome song... there's a crazy bass solo, too!

@ Jax - Do you know what MJR thinks of these guys, or Circus Maximus, or Vanden Plas? Would you not agree that these would all be great bands for Symphony X to tour with?

I believe Vanden Plas is also signed with inside out records. A tour could actually be plausible. Although, I would much rather see a tour with The Flower Kings.:lol:

Waiting In The Wings is waaaaaay better than Become IMHO. And their third album is scheduled for 2008 :heh:

I've only heard a few tracks from Become, but I don't think they're nearly as good as the Waiting in the Wings stuff.

No Become is not as good I just wanted to let you know there is some good stuff on it tho and you mentioned bass solo there is a pretty good one on that album also , you may not like Become as much but it does grow on you

Can you recommend some openers for stateside tours? Epica and into eternity... :erk:

*laughs* we were just talking about this on the band's mailing list..I told MJR that I'd rather see them in Europe than here because Europe has the cool openers. Not sure why they chose who they chose on our leg of the tour..

Spheric Universe Experience are a pretty awesome band too (from what I've heard of the clips on Amazon). Their new album Anima sounds really tight. There are links to all sorts of other prog metal bands that are very unknown around here on Amazon when looking up these mentioned bands.

Spheric Universe Experience are a pretty awesome band too (from what I've heard of the clips on Amazon). Their new album Anima sounds really tight. There are links to all sorts of other prog metal bands that are very unknown around here on Amazon when looking up these mentioned bands.

YES!! Im lovin this band I just heard Anima last week its really well done
can't wait to hear more of them

Seventh Wonder sounds cool, and I can definitely hear their influences in them. Cool band, thanks, Detective. The beginning of "Edge of my Blade" sounds like a Buckethead song.

Regarding Epica opening for Symphony X on the US Tour, it depends on Simone's Health... If she's not cured, they won't be able to open for SX...

I second that, being the owner of their 2 albums. Their forum has an international section if you wish !!!!

http://www.sphericuniversexp.com/forum/index.php