Seveth Wonder at ProgPower?

sava_freak

Sep 21, 2004
OK.. I will start it!

I would like to nominate Seventh Wonder as to appear at Progpower or the pre/showcase event.

IF you ahve not heard of them, please check out thier new album Mercy Falls!

Anyone with me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.seventhwonder.nu/

Thanks

Alan

WAITING IN THE WINGS is one of my favorite albums but this new one has not really done a lot for me. I hope it will grow on me more as I was really looking forward to it. Regarless, I would like to see them at the showcase next year or PPXI.

Let me preface this by stating I LOVE Seventh Wonder...Waiting in the Wings is one of my all-time favorites and Become is tasty as well...but I am going to have to agree with FatesFan. Mercy Falls is fantastic musically and the vocals are spot on, but I think the whole concept thing is cumbersome and the storyline is a little contrived and cheesy. Some of the lyrics are cringe-worthy...and I think the only reason I am being so critical of Mercy Falls is that I had such high expectations for the follow up to Waiting in the Wings that I feel a little bit let down. Yet, I still love them and would be super stoked to see them at ProgPower. :headbang:

Let me preface this by stating I LOVE Seventh Wonder...Waiting in the Wings is one of my all-time favorites and Become is tasty as well...but I am going to have to agree with FatesFan. Mercy Falls is fantastic musically and the vocals are spot on, but I think the whole concept thing is cumbersome and the storyline is a little contrived and cheesy.
I don't have a problem with the concept, but the album overall isn't as engaging as Waiting In The Wings for some reason. Technically, everything is fine, vocals and musicianship is stellar, but the songs themselves don't pull me in as much. Regardless, this band is great and I'd be shocked if they weren't included in a future ProgPower.

I would love to see Seventh Wonder perform at next year's pre-show or part of the main event the following year.

Mercy Falls really grabbed my attention and I am now working through Waiting in the Wings. I am very impressed with this group.

Yes, please get them for ProgPower USA!

I agree, too, as long as Glenn writes into the contract that they are not allowed to pipe in any of those ridiculously awful "acting interludes" from an otherwise stellar disc!

When will bands ever learn? It didn't work for After Forever, it didn't work for Amaran's Plight, and just because Seventh Wonder's name doesn't start with "A", they should have know not to do it either! :loco:

I agree, too, as long as Glenn writes into the contract that they are not allowed to pipe in any of those ridiculously awful "acting interludes" from an otherwise stellar disc!

When will bands ever learn? It didn't work for After Forever, it didn't work for Amaran's Plight, and just because Seventh Wonder's name doesn't start with "A", they should have know not to do it either! :loco:

But it did work for Queensryche on O:M I. Even used them in a live setting with actors...worked like a charm.

Mercy Falls is one of those absorption albums...just like O:M I was. I didn't get it when I first listened to it. Mercy Falls is a great prog metal release...be a sponge.:cool:

Ceiron said:
I'd say the best among the Dream Theater'esque progmetal bands.

There have been better...Empty Tremors comes to mind...but out of the currently viable ones, I agree with you. Unless Solid Vision is still around.

But it did work for Queensryche on O:M I. Even used them in a live setting with actors...worked like a charm.

Mercy Falls is one of those absorption albums...just like O:M I was. I didn't get it when I first listened to it. Mercy Falls is a great prog metal release...be a sponge.:cool:

There have been better...Empty Tremors comes to mind...but out of the currently viable ones, I agree with you. Unless Solid Vision is still around.

Empty Tremors and SolidVison now those are two bands i can really get into, and yes SolidVison is around but tall members(except the singer) are under a
new name DOMINICI.