Shall we ever see Carcass reunion gig???

Hmm but all guitarists have to do is play. It's the vocalist who's gotta have the aggression and anger!

Originally posted by Winmar
Hmm but all guitarists have to do is play. It's the vocalist who's gotta have the aggression and anger!

I don't think that GYPSY KINGS would sound aggressive if they would have growling dude on vocals. Vocalist just adds aggression to what is already heavy enough. If KORN would have growler it would be death metal, but with acoustic guitars or DIRE STRAITS guitar sound and with Chris Barnes on vocals no band would be death metal either. :devil:

Originally posted by slayer81
I just wondered that Bill Steer`s statement...:p

I believe Bill to be right, and if I would play something I wouldn't be playing somewhat I don't like myself to listen to. Yes I totally appreciate guys like DISMEMBER & MY DYING BRIDE , who are keeping to play the same old song for ages (every style needs their own MOTORHEAD), but sometimes musical tastes that bands have themselves change their music too much, like AMORPHIS, THEATRE OF TRAGEDY, ANATHEMA, ENTOMBED, etc , so it's more sincere to form a new band and play whatever you like, then to play it all under the same moniker. CARCASS have stayed as a legend, they have got split on top of their technical perfection and skills, so it's great we remember them by only outstanding efforts, rather then would have seen them coming up with shitty albums every year with every following album being worse and worse than previous ones.

Btw, just happened to get the first album from THE QUILL (the band which Roger Nilsson and George Atlagic from FIREBIRD are playing with fulltime). Nice effort, I recommend it to anyone that's open-minded on musical front. They sound like a mix of DEEP PURPLE, SABBATH (circa 1976-1978), LED ZEPPELIN with vocals somewhere near Ray Gillen

what!!!! carcass changed their sound far more radically than anathema ever did!!!

the bands you mention all progressed into more developed musical artists and never made one particular radical departure. if these bands aren't allowed to progress then musical development as a whole will stagnate.

Originally posted by veil the sky
what!!!! carcass changed their sound far more radically than anathema ever did!!!

the bands you mention all progressed into more developed musical artists and never made one particular radical departure. if these bands aren't allowed to progress then musical development as a whole will stagnate.

Well, that's just my honest opinion. These bads I have mentioned just dropped all extremity they used to have back, while CARCASS have luckily kept it - they were progressing within the style, incorporating elements, but not rushing into anything else like AMORPHIS have done, for instance. Swansong is still extreme music as Reek of Putrefaction, but I can't see any extremality in Am Universum or A Fine Day to Exit . I'm not telling that progression is bad, but you need to progess logically - what sense in putting up the trance-hip/hop stuff under the moniker IRON MAIDEN, for instance, even if all of the members would be participating in it - it'd be totally different thing from what people could have enjoyed from MAIDEN . I don't see point in confusing people - and there are examples when people tend to make it right - HYPOCRISY vs. THE ABYSS, BATHORY vs. Quorthon, MOONSPELL vs. DAEMONARCH. You should give a hint to people interested that music differs a lot from what they could expect from you. And all these bands just have done it to dwell on their established names - just imagine that FIREBIRD could play under CARCASS moniker - it would be false. But obviously there's unfathomless progression between these two bands.