Shechter guitars, opinions?

an Agile guitar or LTD(these are almost the same as schecter but with a little bit more confortable fretboard) could be an option for almost the same price.

LTDs are generally pretty great instruments. I don't own one, and I haven't had enough experience with all of their instruments to judge whether their quality has gone down or not (same for schecter), but the ones I've used (mostly EC1000s and a couple others) were very nice. I'm intrigued by their 7-strings, I wish they made them in several different scale lengths (not multiscale). As others have said, Agile is also an option. The Ibanez RGA42TE just came out and it goes for around 700 bones, if you're into that sort of thing.

Man for 750 you can get this Outstanding Agile Baby it beats any schecter and ltd in its price range and its beatiful isn't it?

interceptorpro727ebcamo5.jpg

check Rondo's Page for more info and more models:
http://www.rondomusic.com/7string.html

Schecter Blackjack is worth every penny. The rest of the Guitars are also good, but my fav is the blackjack.

:headbang: Mainly because the neck seems to be thinner than the baseball bat Hellraisers I've played! (though that too could be a result of my Blackjack's age). And my problem with Agiles is that all the nice ones are neck-thru maple, meaning the entire core of the body is maple, which IME is likely to make the guitar on the brighter/edgier side, not my favorite sound for high-gain rhythm (though it really sears for leads).

I bought a C1 Hellraiser at the end of '06. The only mod I've made has been to change the tuners out for Grover Locking Rotomatics.

When a client brings in a guitar that isn't up to the task, the first thing I reach for is the Hellraiser, and it has wound up on a lot of records. Sounds great, plays great, stays in tune, and it easily shifts tuning. (I got the fixed bridge model for precisely this reason)

If their quality has gone downhill, that's a real shame. Some of the recent LTDs have been pretty good, IMO.

My Schecter Hellraiser C-1 was really cool for a while, but then I played an LTD MH1000 and realized how fat the Schecter's neck was. Couldn't go back.

Schecters are good solid guitars. Many of them are made in the World Instruments factory in Korea, same as PRS SE's, some higher-end LTD Deluxe series, Spector Legend basses, Some Ibanez in the past, etc.

The thing to keep in mind about Schecters is that they tend to have necks that are a bit more towards the thick side than ESP, Ibanez, Jackson, etc.

About Agile being better than LTD and Schecter: No way. On par quality-wise on occasions at the most, but most definitely not better. At least not than LTD Deluxe series and higher-end Schecters.

I just saw this on their website, and will definitely be buying. My main beef with Schecter was the softness of their necks, and the INSANE amount of poly they coat their guitars in. Well, this one has a 5 piece maple/walnut neck. I almost fell over when I saw it. I've always loved the dimensions of Schecters, but hated how often I had to do truss rod adjustments on my Hellraiser (softest mahogany neck I've ever encountered on an electric guitar). This is a winner in my book.

schecter_241.jpg

The one thing I'd like to see Schecter change is the sharp body edge. After a while that edge starts to cut into the underside of your forearm. Sanding that edge down would increase the ergonomics of those guitars noticeably.

The common "too fat" complaint about Schecters is obsolete. Thier recent models all have slimmer necks than they used to. Plus, they just introduced the SLS line which is even slimmer. I find it kind of funny when so many companies are offerred as comparisons and they are all literally the same guitar.

The neck through and set necks are all made to the same standard as they are made in the same factory. The only modifications are the wood choice and the body shape. The PRS Torero and the recent Diamond series schecter are the exact same neck and fingerboard. I have one of each in my studio. In fact, play a recent Dean, PRS, BC Rich, Schecter, DBZ, ESP, Some ibanez, Jackson imports, and many more i'm forgetting at the moment, and they are all the exact same neck cut, and come from the same factory.

I haven't noticed any Schecter quality issues, but if they are all the same, the ratio must be spread evenly over all the companies. I recently became Schecter endorsee and actually really prefer thicker necks. I had a hard time finding them in the inventory, especially with the new SLS line being stocked now. I will note the caveat that I am referring only to the set neck and neck through models from Schecter and the others as they are the only ones i'm interested in. I would doubt the bolt on difference is there either though.

I also haven't noticed a finish any thicker than most imports either. I have an avenger that feels, plays, and has the same level of finish thickness as my PRS torero. The difference between the two being the Torero has a maple neck and sounds "Bouncy" The Schecter Is all Mahogany and weighs so much it has it's own gravitational pull. It's chunky as hell for rhythm. I really dig it.

I find alot of times the setup, or lack thereof on a guitar can fool the player into misjudging the thickness of the neck and other feel perceptions. String gauge can do it as well.

Man for 750 you can get this Outstanding Agile Baby it beats any schecter and ltd in its price range and its beatiful isn't it?

+1

Just got an Interceptor Pro and its the best playing guitar under a grand. One of the most resonant guitars I have ever played as well. Schecters always seem dead from the inch thick plastic they coat on their guitars, the higher end schecters are about as resonant as $200 LTDs. Not to forget the Agiles are made in South Korea, much better than Taiwan/Indonesia guitars.

Never really cared for the neck profile or just the general way they look for the most part.