Shechter guitars, opinions?

I have a hellraiser special 8 string guitar from them and it's great. I have to admit it is the only 8 string I have played. It was surprisingly easy to get used to. Schecters have such great deals on their guitars. I got mine for 750 USD and it is a set neck, TOM bridge and has emgs. I also used to have a c1xxx and it was also great. I would love to try an agile though.

the guitarist from smile empty soul is a loyal c-1 user. i don't have personal experience with this brand or agile, but if your playing mostly chords i'd check out shechter because a big neck wouldn't be a problem!

I use a Schecter C-7, it's a beast and sounds great. Recorded the entire Benevolent album with it. Would buy another Schecter in a heartbeat.

Hadi

ok narrowed my options to hellraiser special, which is 7 strings, the one aytchster said he owns. how about the blackjack 7 strings? and the loomis? which one do you prefer?

i've checked.. all are south korean made. it makes me a bit skecptic though, i always prefered jappan/ usa made guitars.

which make me think, other alternative in my country for 7 strings are Ibanez, carvin and PRS

I came from bc rich and jackson background, and after playing schecters i must say, they are my fave playing guitar. I love the fatter necks. I cant even play my rr pro jackson anymore. Im only a small guy but LOVE fatter necks. I would only buy Hellraisers though. I have 2 hellraiser V's, and they are the only guitars i both playing.

the hailraiser feels a bit plasticky though. just tones of finish.. reminds me for some reason a les paul

+1

Just got an Interceptor Pro and its the best playing guitar under a grand. One of the most resonant guitars I have ever played as well. Schecters always seem dead from the inch thick plastic they coat on their guitars, the higher end schecters are about as resonant as $200 LTDs. Not to forget the Agiles are made in South Korea, much better than Taiwan/Indonesia guitars.

Never really cared for the neck profile or just the general way they look for the most part.

+2 looking at this one for my next guitar purchase:

interceptorpro627mncephblueflamedotleftcustom5.jpg

The Hellraiser is a good guitar for the money. Wide fretboard/thick neck which is a good thing if you have sausage fingers. Stay away from the lower priced bolt on neck models. They seem to use cheap fret material which wears very fast and leaves you with a buzz bomb.

I just saw this on their website, and will definitely be buying. My main beef with Schecter was the softness of their necks, and the INSANE amount of poly they coat their guitars in. Well, this one has a 5 piece maple/walnut neck. I almost fell over when I saw it. I've always loved the dimensions of Schecters, but hated how often I had to do truss rod adjustments on my Hellraiser (softest mahogany neck I've ever encountered on an electric guitar). This is a winner in my book.

schecter_241.jpg

Just pulled the trigger on this. Full review when it arrives in April.

Tercero
Nice guitar! What is he name of it so I can find it on the Schecter Website?

The main difference is it's a 5 piece maple/walnut neck-thru with an ebony board instead of a 3 piece mahogany set neck with a rosewood fretboard. It also has a satin finish and chrome EMG's.

Rosewood?

Ebony or Maple I saw...

Plus an EMG 89R in the neck.