Shining- One One One

Harvester

The Promoter
Sep 16, 2001
www.progpowerusa.com
This disc is melting my face off. It's unlike anything I have heard this year. For those unaware, the main man is the sax player for Ihsahn.

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome music video and awesome song.
The bewbs could've not been there, but it didnt really take anything away either.
But hey music is always more important than boobies.
Someone should've told that to Dimmu Borgir.

SHINING - North American Release Date For New Album Confirmed

Avant-garde Norwegian group SHINING - whose unique "blackjazz" hybrid of extreme progressive metal, experimental jazz-fusion and industrial precision has earned extensive international acclaim - will release One One One, their first studio album in three years, on June 4th in Europe (excluding Norway), and on June 7th in Germany and Austria.

A North American release date has now been confirmed for May 28th.

Wow... that is demented stuff. My first thought was "What the hell is wrong with these crazy people?" And my second was "I really want to hear that song again".

Guess I missed this the first time around. Just discovered these guys and they have released a new live video in which they did it in one take.

This is the first video they did like this:

Really liking these guys.

Last edited by a moderator:
Swedish Shining has become a revolving door of suffering quality imo since Halmstad.

I've said it before on this board, but the fact that Shining (NOR) can belt out these one-take live recordings with such professionalism, showmanship, and tightness is a major feat 90% of bands could only dream of pulling off, especially in metal where so many of the bands can barely play their own recordings in a live setting and everything is fake thanks to pro tools.

They were an absolute blast live on their US tour. The tiny venue was perfect for what they were doing, one of the highlights of 2013 concerts for me.

HtkEToz.jpg