Shocked

First Chris Cornell and now Warrel. What a terrible fucking year.

btw. Since this conversation has been started in some other articles - how old was he? Some sources say 48, some 56

He most certainly was older than 48. He was in Serpent's Knight in '83. Even if he was eighteen then, it would still make him at least 52.

Last edited:
I haven't been on here in a long time but when my heart broke this morning I thought of the forum people ... I'm so sorry for you loss wholeheartedly sorry, . Some people just don't get that a fan a little no one from nowhere like me could be so devastated by this but I'am.....so the folks here that knew him personally must be torn to shreds, my hearts with yours ...be well

Fuck it's so hard to live a life now. Couldn't sleep at night and now i'm only thinking about him. I remember the conversation i had a few days back with my dad, how he is so old he sees his past idols dying one after another. Than i thought of myself in 40 years experiencing the same thing with my current idols. Few days later Warrel is gone. Life comes at you hard

At the start of my teenage years, I discovered Nevermore, and lost a parent. As you can imagine, whatever teenage listlessness the more philosophically-inclined experience, felt generally amplified. Music dampened dark thoughts and feelings. Discovering Nevermore made all those hours on other bands seem like practice or a distraction. I'm sure people that get into instruments and later start bands feel the same. That wasn't my path, instead I found this board. I found a community of somehow like-minded people, way more concentrated than any other online community. Tastes ranged wildly, but somehow fell into the realm of unequivocally "good." That if there was nothing else we could agree on, we could agree that boundaries were there to be pushed. Metal did that. Nevermore did that. Warrel did that. It may not have exactly been that way, but it felt that way. It felt good. Which life hadn't for awhile. And at the forefront, our tastemaker, WD. He really felt like the voice of a generation. Willing to mingle with us, the unwashed masses. As Heavy Metal took center stage in my very tiny teenage life he was my Jesus, declaring, "Create your own Religion," and "Believe in Nothing." It was audacious and hauntingly rang true. Somehow Warrel's hurting words promised salvation. Almost two decades later and I couldn't really have imagined a better life, which I credit largely in part to my state of mind. In no small way shaped by acid words. I only hope the next in line to the WD Bangbus gets a fraction of the deep dicking I got as a passenger.

Word on the street is that Studio 7 will be having a memorial of sorts soon. One more Neverboard meet up perhaps???

Stupid idea N°1: Is there a way we can contribute to a neverboard flower arrangement or something similar for the funeral?
I don't think it's a stupid idea at all.
If we can pull this off, I would like to contribute too. But how to arrange this?
As much as I would like to, i don't think it's possible for me to visit the memorial.

Reactions: Karmic