Short song sample that I'd like your opinions on...

Sounds great here! :)

Care to tell us a bit more about the stuff used for recording/mixing etc.?

Cheers guys :)

Yeah of course:

Drums:

Programmed Slate samples, and Addictive Drums for the cymbals.

Bass:

Schecter Stiletto Custom 5 DI'd then Ampeg SVX.

Guitars:

LTD EC1000 with 81 in the bridge, DI'd then Pod Farm slapped on the tracks with the Rectifier-kinda model.

Nothing even slightly adventurous :p

Really nice sound dude. Ive never really been keen on the AD cymbals. imo you could get a nicer sound from the SSD stuff and use the room mics more.
Apart from that its really nice writing with the song. Please post with an update when its finished!

Yeah man I'll probably replace the AD cymbals later with the slate ones, at the moment though, AD seems to use less CPU power for me, so I'll probably change them over once the whole songs completely finished tracking-wise. Thanks for the input dude :)

DIs were just recorded with a cheap shitty Behringer DI box straight into my Firepod.

I'll shove up the track with vocals when it's done! :)

The production and song is sweet, that part before the fade out is mint! But I honestly think the Misery Signals kinda lead at the beginning lets it down, its been done to death by everybody

Sounds good so far.
-More crack on the snare
-Lower you dynamic tracking for the snare, you're getting too many low velocity hits.
-Less mids in the guitars.

The mix is over edited, IMHO. It is definitely edited well, but you can tell it's cut up.