Should I go see Enslaved in a couple of weeks?

I'm sort of in the same boat as you: I don't like their last two albums as much as their previous two. But I think I still like them a good bit more than you do (particularly 'Ruun', which I'd pick over 'Isa').

But like, fuck, man, it's Enslaved! The best evolving-yet-identity-maintaining band since Skyclad. I feel like I have a duty to go out and support them for as long as they stick to their artistically-conscious formula, even if the particular results happen to be complete garbage.

Here's my review from when I saw them earlier this year: http://www.gregie.com/neil/words/2007/01/16/an-evening-of-black-metal-on-mlk-day/ If you're too lazy to read the whole thing, they did actually play a song from 'Frost' for some reason.

Neil

:lol: Did George ever really say that? That show was gaymazing.

Heh - yeah, in one of the earlier episodes he quit a job because the boss wouldn't let him use his private bathroom. After realizing how screwed he was, he simply showed back up on Monday at the next business meeting as if nothing happened. Awesome show.

JK said:
Would you seriously consider coming up for Enslaved then?

Wish I could, but until the New Year, I'm out of vaca time.

Heh - yeah, in one of the earlier episodes he quit a job because the boss wouldn't let him use his private bathroom. After realizing how screwed he was, he simply showed back up on Monday at the next business meeting as if nothing happened. Awesome show.

Fucking hilarious episode.

Tonight's Seinfeld episode: "Festivus for the Rest of Us", "Kramer goes back to work at the bagel store", "the chick who looks ugly in different lights and shadows", "Elaine and her fake telephone numbers"

The genius of the show is how 4 classic storylines can exist within one episode

Tonight's Seinfeld episode: "Festivus for the Rest of Us", "Kramer goes back to work at the bagel store", "the chick who looks ugly in different lights and shadows", "Elaine and her fake telephone numbers"

The genius of the show is how 4 classic storylines can exist within one episode

:lol: Amazing.

i love Ruun. their best since monumension. i dont share the love of BtL.

that is a good seinfeld episode. my fave is still George doing the complete opposite of his instincts. shrinkage is another one.

George=best Seinfeld character.

I saw them on the ISA tour and it was definitely good. I probably wouldn't go though being in the exact same position as you are but they are one of the few black metal bands that pass the test of stage quite well. So no chance that it's a shit gig.