Should I return to Australia early?

Should I go back to Oz early?

• Go back to Oz early! There's no shame in admitting defeat!

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Stay in the UK, you big girl! If Kylie can be a success there, anyone can!

Votes: 6 66.7%

• Total voters

Spiff

I have the power
Apr 14, 2001
Brisbane, Australia
Hi

Things are being a right pain in the bottom at the moment whilst on my tour and eventually settling of the UK - basically it was poorly organised and so I'm having trouble a) finding a place I want to work and b) a place I want to live (as in cities, etc).

So, what I'm contemplating is whether or not to return home to a place where I won't have to pay £20 a night in accommodation, regroup, and work out a fool-proof plan for a triumphant return...

OR

should I stop being a whiny so-and-so, get my finger out and get cracking with getting a job and a place to live in London.

If I was to return early and then go back to the UK a month or so later, then it would be cheaper than staying in hostels/B&Bs for that month until I get a more permanent place to stay (the airfare back to Australia would be cheaper than the price of accommodation I would pay, I mean). I do plan on giving the UK thing a go - far too many concerts to pass up - but I haven't had the best of luck to start off with due to poor organisation and no real game plan.

What do YOU think? Not that I really value your opinions or anything, but an alternative view is always welcome! :)

See ya

Hmmm, Im undecided here, so im no help im afraid..... I dont know, flip a coin and let fate decide!
"No fate but what we make"
Shutup.

*sigh* Im in such a weird mood today :cry:

If you're lucky enough to be there, you might as well stay put.
Lord knows I'd give my eye teeth to get out of this country most of the time! My dream is to build a big, spooky Addams Family house somewhere in Canada and spend the rest of my life writing increasingly weird horror stories.

Have you considered moving in with Mark? ;). Family loyalty's gotta count for something...

W

Stay! If you end up living in the street and selling your body for food then at least it'll be an interesting story later on. Better than "I went to England, but it was too tough, so I came home and then went back again."

Never underestimate the value of a good story.

Im beginning to lean towards staying..... Only because just the thought of coming all the way back only to go all the way back tires me out :)

There's always the opportunity to be able to say that I flew to the other side of the world four times in three months, though! And people in customs could suspect I'm a drug dealer because of all the stamps in my passport - how cool would that be??

I think I'll go back - just like Joe said, take a breather at half time, return with a vengeance and become a huge success. Yeah, sounds good.

No, wouldn't move in with Mark - sounds pretty crowded there as it is, and I've already lived with him for 20-something years - don't want to go through that again ;)

And after all, I'm only 25 - I still have the rest of my life to travel the world (which, considering how I feel at the moment, would be about a month... bit crook this morning).

AND, seeing as Dungeon probably aren't going to play London any time soon, and seeing as we all know they're the only band worth seeing, it's pointless living over here. Hey, I could always move down to Sydney or Melbourne - maybe then I'd get a chance to go to one of those "Australian tours" that bands do these days!

Hmm, decisions...

Yeah, I know... hmm. Only 7 votes though, and how many people are on this forum? More than 7. Does that mean only 7 people care about me? :cry:

Well, if you want to come back, I say do. Because you will just make yourself miserable being somewhere you dont want to be, so come back and regroup! Plus you know a little of London now, so you can plan a little better and all that :headbang:

Well I didn't vote... :)

Spiffy, I reckon you give it a real good go for another few weeks, month at the max. If it's still not working out just come back to Oz :)

Oh well, looks like I'll be back in Oz next Thursday. Paid for my flight today - good thing is that it goes via LOS ANGELES! Never been to the USA before - woo! Only there for two hours, though.

Unfortunately, Thursday is the day AFTER State of Origin, so I'll have to make sure I get it taped and watch it when I get back. Sigh.

Wouldn't it be funny if on the news one night there was a story on a guy who hi-jacked a plane, and his one demand was that they show a footy game on the TV? :)

"HE'S INSANE! FIRE AT WILL!!!!"