should I trade my 1960 classic for a mesa oversized?

I would totally do it - the Mesa oversized 4x12 is the cabinet by which I judge all others, and I think it's the most popular cabinet on this forum. The huge, tight low end and smooth top end (maybe not compared to greenbacks, but compared to a Marshall with v30s at least) is just perfect for heavy guitar tones.

Yeah, I had an oversized Mesa 4x12 w/ V30's a long time ago and sold it. Just got another one about a week ago for $475!!! And it's in excellent condition. I can't believe I sold my first one...these cabinets are THE SHIT.

~006

I would sell it and try for the Mesa anyway.

I finally recorded a Mesa 4x12 not so long ago using my own 5150 head and ended up with the best Guitar tone I have ever had to date.

I have spent hours micing my Marshall 4x12's, even with V30's added to them, and it just doesnt compare.

I keep seeing Mesa Cabs on Craigslist for $500-$600 and am waiting to grab one.

it sounds pretty beefy
http://www.allcapsrecording.com/media/ultra.mp3

that's a peavey ultra I was fucking with tonight. Didnt do shit except mic the cab

The link has expired by now but I'm wondering, are you happy with your oversized mesa cab?

I just got a dual rectifier but I have no guitar cab yet so I'm looking at different options, the mesa oversized cab with v30 seems to be appreciated.
I just played my dual rectifier through my ampeg svt810 and allthough it's not metal at all I can get some awesome clean with a strat and some old school alternative crunch, pretty cool.

Anyway, let me know.
thanks

The link has expired by now but I'm wondering, are you happy with your oversized mesa cab?

I just got a dual rectifier but I have no guitar cab yet so I'm looking at different options, the mesa oversized cab with v30 seems to be appreciated.
I just played my dual rectifier through my ampeg svt810 and allthough it's not metal at all I can get some awesome clean with a strat and some old school alternative crunch, pretty cool.

Anyway, let me know.
thanks

The general populous around here will say that the Mesa and Orange cabs are the shit.

The general populous around here will say that the Mesa and Orange cabs are the shit.
Thanks, how different would these two be?
Does a mesa cab scoop the mids out?
I know it's suposed to have good bass and high but not a lot of people talk about the mids and I think mids are really important.