Should Opeth change their name now?

a7r0phy said:
that's close to the dumbest thing i've ever heard anybody ever say. ever.

I disagree. I'd say Opeth changing their name to something more 70s would be appropriate, considering Damnation was so.... 70s. Every band should have a band name representing a decade, it would only be appropriate... After all, a word such as flares is so... 70s!

Immortal Death said:
I disagree. I'd say Opeth changing their name to something more 70s would be appropriate, considering Damnation was so.... 70s. Every band should have a band name representing a decade, it would only be appropriate... After all, a word such as flares is so... 70s!

You have to be kinding...

Damnation was a fucking experiment. It was a one-time deal according to Mikael. If the band were to do some more 70s progressive rock then they would do it under a different name. They aren't going to switch to that sound that you heard in Damnation. BTW, a 70s name would be "The Psychadelic Flares" ... :p

fucking n00b humor. or n00b nescience. either way.

hey, you goddamn cherries, don't try to cover your asses by saying that you were "just joking." you have no sense of humor, and your sarcasm sucks. no, you weren't joking, you were just speaking through your anus. please close both orifices in question.

thank you, and good day.

Sheesh people, build a bridge. :bah:

It was obviously a bad joke.... but it was a joke nonetheless....

Den Vengeance said:
I think its about time they changed the name to something a bit more 70s sounding.. 'Flares' would be awesome man.. can you imagine the tee shirt designs? killer ;)

Are you for real?! Why? They are a great band with a good name. Let's leave it at that. I saw them at the Hultsfred festival about a month ago and let me tell you something. There is nothing 70's about them, their music is progressive and brutal death metal. :yell:

a7r0phy said:
that's close to the dumbest thing i've ever heard anybody ever say. ever.

Your reply is even dumber than the dumbest thing you ever heard. And you obviously dont get it as youre obviously DUMB.

Tosser!