Show reviews from the June/July tour go here please!!! :)

Into Eternity/ All Shall Perish
Des Moines 6-10

Set list not in exact order but as close as I can remember

Splintered Visions
Embraced By Desolation
Elysium Dream
3 Dimensional Aperture
Beginning of The End
Point of Uncertainty
Selling God
New Song
Spiralling into Depression
Distant Pale Future
Identify
Scattering the Ashes – new song

I have a whole new amount of respect for Into Eternity. First they still have the same Van from their 2003 tour! And they weren’t in the back or on a bus getting drunk like most musicians do before shows, but they sitting around with the fans waiting to set up. Then do they have ANYONE to help them do anything? No I watched them stretch in the venue before getting ready, and then they moved all their own equipment on the stage. Then they moved all their equipment off and somehow got it all in their trailer by themselves. Then they hit the road about an hour after they left the stage. It seems really ruff to go through this routine day in and out nothing but work, but they were all super nice and seemed to be in a great mood and be glad to be playing.

The other reason I respect them more is well look at their tour schedule its rough, very few dates off. So I am from Lawrence Kansas and I drove from my town through a tornado warning and heavy rain. Only to get rained on the whole way to Des Moines. On the way back I hit a lightning/hale storm. I drove 11 hours and went through five separate storms while driving on this one day alone, and it sucked horribly. My point is Into Eternity must hit a shitload of storms but they always make their shows, and its them actually driving too. I do wonder when in doing all this do they have time to sleep?

Highlights
-Splintered Visions – intro is amazing to hear live.
-New songs were great can’t wait to get them on CD.
-3 Dimensional Aperture – Tim, Rob, and Stu each have distinct but really strong singing parts on this song.
-Spiralling into Depression and Beginning of the End really get the crowd going.
-Troy’s Bass parts in Identify
-Tim’s hands were so cool to watch, he could have been as fast as maybe even faster than buckethead

What sucked about the show
-The show only had 50 people. Now I know Slipknot is from Des Moines, but a month ago 10,000 saw slipknot, so where are all the metal heads now?
-They switched Tim and Troy’s microphone and I couldn’t hear troy at all!

Songs I would like to hear live
Unholy (Fields of the dead)
Shallow
Black Sea Of Agony
Into Eternity

I got to meet all the members and got Tim to sign the first Into Eternity CD for me. My point is they are all really nice and approachable people, no matter how nervous you are they are cool and seem to really want and enjoy to meet fans. On all the reviews that I have read they same thing, Rob is really nice, and he fucking is, but on the mailing list they ask you to pick a favorite member. After meeting and seeing them all I can’t say who is nicer, or who was more fun to watch live. Get out and see them it will be well worth your time. I thought it was really funny that Adam said he hasn’t heard the first CD, he doesn’t know what he is missing. Anyway I will have to get a copy and give it to him next time in Omaha.

And to all those posts who say “are the new members good?” Or “I hope they don’t ruin My favorite band”. This is a very strong and complete line up, and I really like and hope that this lineup stay together for a long time. Stu can really do vocals at a pitch that I don’t know if any other singers Into Eternity has had could do. He adds his own touch to the very end of “selling god” and it’s so 80’s sounding, but the range and power of his vocals are awesome. Then you really hear range of his vocals and what he could do on the new songs, it could be the best into eternity to date. That’s great too; I hate it when your favorite band just starts sucking. That will not be happening here. Adam was really tight playing and the new songs rocked so he can play and into eternity rocks more than ever now.

All Shall Perish- was really good for hardcore too. It may be hardcore but it was really heavy, and good. It was like hatebreed, just not so god damn weak. I had never heard of them before, but they will be an act you will want to get there early to catch them with into eternity soon too.

If you can I don’t care how go see into eternity they are fucking amazing live, tim and rob can shred like no other. The 4 different vocalist really adds alot and it was so much fun, I can't wait till the next time. Of course its only 18 days till they are in the midwest again!!!

LOL I had my friend John at the Chicago show call me from the gig tonight and I listened to the whole set over the phone! HAHAHAHA It actually sounded fine for the most part, except if he moved more than 5 feet at one time. hehe The setlist:

1. Splintered Visions
2. Embraced By Desolation
3. Elysium Dream
4. Point of Uncertainty
5. Distant Pale Future
6. 3 Dimensional Aperture
7. Shallow
8. Beginning of the End
9. Selling God
10. Paralyzed (new)
11. Spiralling Into Depression
12. a little jam session with JF from Katalysm on stage
13. Scattering of Ashes (brand new song)
14. Identify (new)

Shallow and Selling God sounded the best out of the "known" songs I think. It sounded like people were singing along with Beginning of the End. Paralyzed sounded awesome as did Identify and it sounds like the guys added a few more vocal harmonies for Identify from the last time I heard it. Scattering of Ashes sounded like a really, really cool song!!! Can't wait to hear it in person.

Prog Maiden, tell me you were able to stay at the show!!! I know they had a lot of sound issues, the mid ranges blew out during Into Eternity, one of the amps crapped out too and they ended up having FIVE bands on the bill instead of two!!! Holy crap. So they went on at 11:20PM instead of like 9 or so. Yikes. What did you think of the gig???

Rob said that the shows are going okay so far, considering this is only the 6th show.

Shallow sounded really badass tonight, considering its probably my favorite Into Eternity song. and it was totally badass seeing the singer of Kataklysm come up for "IN SHADOWS AND DUST" i was psyched. i knew what i was in for. Kataklysm and Into Eternity should do a gig in chicago soon! at JJ's again or The Bottom Lounge. that would kick all major ass.

What a kickass show!!! JJ Kelley's is a small club and the turnout wasn't great but the people who were in front of the stage for IE rocked.

Highlights for me: EVERY DAMN TUNE!!! Bands energy was top notch. In addition to the 'BIO' tunes I totally enjoyed the heavier tunes off 'DOD' - Shallow, Selling God + Identify...and the two new tunes. I feel privileged to have gotten a teaser of the next album.

Great talkin to u guys + Kataklysms singer. Big shout out to Scott + M______...hottie.

Stu + Troy hope the "High Life" was cold enough.

Good luck the rest of the way...see ya the next time you're in Chitown.

Carl

Metal for life said:
What a kickass show!!! JJ Kelley's is a small club and the turnout wasn't great but the people who were in front of the stage for IE rocked.
Carl

All IE did was simply put on one of the best concerts I have ever been to. Holy hell, what a great setlist. I was one of the die hards front center. My neck hurts, my ears are still ringing, and I somehow have a huge bruise on my arm eventhough I don't remember there being a mosh pit. What a killer show. I saw them when they did 5 songs during the previous time they stopped in Chicago (when half the band was sick). What a difference 8 more songs and a healthy band makes. I am glad they only played 13 songs because if they played any more, I would probably be in a full body cast today. Great show guys! Great to see you all again.

Squeak said:
LOL I had my friend John at the Chicago show call me from the gig tonight and I listened to the whole set over the phone! HAHAHAHA It actually sounded fine for the most part, except if he moved more than 5 feet at one time. hehe The setlist:

1. Splintered Visions
2. Embraced By Desolation
3. Elysium Dream
4. Point of Uncertainty
5. Distant Pale Future
6. 3 Dimensional Aperture
7. Shallow
8. Beginning of the End
9. Selling God
10. Paralyzed (new)
11. Spiralling Into Depression
12. a little jam session with JF from Katalysm on stage
13. Scattering of Ashes (brand new song)
14. Identify (new)

Shallow and Selling God sounded the best out of the "known" songs I think. It sounded like people were singing along with Beginning of the End. Paralyzed sounded awesome as did Identify and it sounds like the guys added a few more vocal harmonies for Identify from the last time I heard it. Scattering of Ashes sounded like a really, really cool song!!! Can't wait to hear it in person.

Prog Maiden, tell me you were able to stay at the show!!! I know they had a lot of sound issues, the mid ranges blew out during Into Eternity, one of the amps crapped out too and they ended up having FIVE bands on the bill instead of two!!! Holy crap. So they went on at 11:20PM instead of like 9 or so. Yikes. What did you think of the gig???

Rob said that the shows are going okay so far, considering this is only the 6th show.
Identify isn't new their sista it's on Dead or Dreaming cmon now

lord of pain said:
Identify isn't new their sista it's on Dead or Dreaming cmon now

HHAHAHAA noooooo I wasn't saying that Identify is NEW. hehe I was saying that it sounded like they added some new HARMONIES to the song since the last time I heard it live. ;) I probably should've put a period after the comment about Paralyzed so it didn't look like I was saying Identify is new. My bad. :Spin:

Despite the 1+ hour drive, the 4 shitty openers, the manager being a dick, and the show starting an hour later than it was supposed to, IE made it totally worth the wait! It was great seeing them perform healthy this time. ;)

Very awesome setlist. Some personal favorites: Spiralling into Depression, Shallow, 3 Dimensional Aperature and Selling God. I was hoping they'd play Paralyzed again because I forgot what it sounded like at Progpower. Scattering of Ashes was also awesome. I'm very happy I decided to catch this show.

It was cool meeting some of you and hanging out with the boys again. Always a pleasure! :) And thanks to Tim for getting me and my buddy our money back. :D

oh geez. the first opening band, the first song was sounding alright. i enjoyed. then he started doing the rapping, and it turned me off. The Burning Down i enjoyed. especially the stoner/doom type song they had going. i dont remember what the hell the one band's name was, but they sucked some major balls. although there bass player looked like macho man and was a KILLER bass player. All Shall Perish was pretty good. but then again, ive seen too many bands trying to do that type of sound, and i think the most successful at that is....Despised Icon \m/ and i agree EVERGREY. if they continued longer with the set. i'd probably be close to a body cast myself. heh. nice meeting you progmaiden, you kick ass! \m/

I am jealous and hate you all for getting to see a 14 song setlist, and when they come close to here with Hate Eternal it will be about a 5 song setlist. I hope I'm wrong about that though.

so the new tour ie is playing like 14 songs....
fuck yeah. they better do it in minnesota.
im seeing em on the first i believe, and last show here they only got to play five songs.
i need more info, have they been playing that many at all their shows for this tour?
and new songs... wow. suddenly ive got so much to look foward to.

I think they were playing 14 songs was because they were headlining, but on the first they will be touring with Hate Eternal and will not be headlining anymore.
It would still be kickass if they would play 14 songs, but it might be highly unlikely.

Hey this a review of the Into Eternity show last night at JAXX with Incantation, Krisiun and Hate Eternal.

Into Eternity were definetly the best band that played there. The setlist for the show was:

Splintered Visions
Embraced by Desolation
3 Dimensional Aperature
Begining of the End
Identify

They only played 5 songs but they did them all so fucking good. I cannot wait to see Into Eternity play a setlist with atleast 10 songs. I was kind of dissapointed because they did not play my favorite Isolation but it was all great. I met the band after the show for a few minutes, took pictures with Rob. Everybody in Into Eternity is really nice. I still remember when i saw them back in March at JAXX, Rob gave me his guitar pick after the show and i was like yes!!!!! Both times i headbanged my soul out for this band cuz they have to be the greatest band ever

I cannot wait for the new album.

Heres a link to some pictures i took of them last night. I was all the way upfront infront of Rob and Troy.

http://community.webshots.com/user/still_life101

They are only the second band to play on the bill, so they will play 5 songs... They get 30 minutes. The only time they MIGHT get more (besides the one-offs they do on their own) is the Canadian leg of that tour since Incantation can't go to Canada. But that part is just a guess.

Saw them last night at the Loft in the lovely ghetto section of Poughkeepsie, NY. Shows like these used to be held at the much bigger Chance Theater, but now they're being relegated to the Loft, a much smaller dive that's part of the Chance complex. Kind of a place where you'd expect beginner bands to start out at, but all the bands on last night's bill made the best of it and kicked ass. All Shall Preish didn't make it till the end of the show and went on after Hate Eternal, but I didn't stay to hear them.
IE sounded great, quite brutal in fact with Stu's Devon Townsend-like screaming added to the mix. He hit some insane highs and managed to accidentally bloody up his knuckles a little hitting one of the low hanging PA speakers placed right over the stage. Incredible energy, tight as hell and maybe it was just me but it sounds like there's a bit more speed and blast beats going on with some of the tunes, particularly in "Identify". The set was "Splintered Visions," "Isolation," "Three Dimensional Aperature," "Scattering Of Ashes" (Awesome, killer tune, the harmonies are sick on this one), "Selling God" and "Identify." Great response from the crowd.
It was great to hang with the band again and catch up on things. They also brought my guitar along, which I had to leave in Regina way back in October when we toured with Kataklysm. Couldn't be shipped without donating vital organs. MUCH APPRECIATED! I'll see you guys again when you come through with Stratovarious, and will always make your shows when you come to NY. Adam, thanks for the CD, you know I'll share. Give me a call anytime my brother. And Tim, like I said last night, get the James Labrie CD--much heavier than the new Dream Theater, I think you'll dig it.

Also heard Krisiun for the first time and they blew me away. Fast as hell, scary-tight and heavy as hell for a three-piece. The crowd really got off on them too. Great showmen.
Hate Eternal...well, we all know they rule. Unfortunately the 2nd guitarist they recently hired is no longer in the band, which I was looking forward to. Had to leave three songs into the set, gotta do that work thing this morning.

Glad to hear IE gets to share a Winnebago with Krisiun this time out and can actually sleep in bunks. Sounds like things are going easier for them than on the last tour.

Anyway...this is a must-see show, so go when they hit your town.
\m/