Showcase announcement. 1st 3 bands!!!!

Just checked out Leprous and they're amazing!!! Probably the closest I'd ever get to seeing Opeth at PPUSA :p This is going to be an amazing show indeed. Can't wait for the headliner announcement.

I'm in the "I hope it's Ihsahn!" camp. I'd go nuts, almost as nuts as I went when Tarot was announced. Leprous to begin with are a really nice addition, but I haven't listened to either of the two others.

There are a bunch of bands I'd like to see in that slot that aren't Ihsahn though, but besides Morgana Lefay, he'd be my #1 choice.

It was a joke. I like prog music more than power metal.

I just think it's funny how a lot of prog fans call their music "intelligent music" but have a hard time even checking out at the grocery store. Especially when there's all sorts of talentless cookie monster bands who have more "intelligent" music and lyrics than most other music, metal or not.

(NOT ALL, THIS IS NOT COMPLETELY SERIOUS, I LIKE PROG AND I JUST BOUGHT SOME FOOD AT THE STORE TODAY.)

Oh good, maybe you can help me balance my checkbook. Because...simple tasks escape me because I'm all up in my head thinking deep, proggy thoughts all the time. :loco:

Or maybe I was thinking too much about dragons and steel to do it properly last time.

I think we need a metalhead support group for simple tasks. *nods sagely* Now...how I mine for fish?

(this is fun! :D)

I am thinking either Sabaton or Jon Oliva's Pain to headline the Showcase. Vanden Plas? Forget it. Volbeat? They just played arena tours with Metallica in the US. Freak Kitchen? They've appeared twice. Nevermore? Forget it. Ihsahn? Shane would have to mortgage his first born just to pay him. The headliner will probably be either Sabaton, JOP, or a real wild card in Rhapsody of Fire.

Could he still afford Rhapsody? As I understand it, they turned down playing ProgPower itself because Glenn couldn't afford everything they wanted. Even in light of the trouble they had with DiMaio, I wonder if they'd still be out of any promotor's price range for the ProgPower fest, and connected shows.

I'm less than overwhelmed about the Wednesday night line up and I'm not familiar with any of the bands announced for the showcase so far. Hopefully something good will be announced for the headliner. My vote is for Riverside.

YES! We in the Power Metal camp are way stoked about this

Power metal Camp? are we picking sides and going to war? ..... OK!

come on my Power Metal Brothas let us take up our swords and axes, and they can take up their....um.....books?!?:headbang:

Leprous...oh man, that's going to be something to see. They had one of last year's best releases. Probably the best progressive metal album in a good while.

I dont know if you guys have see a UK mag called Power Play - well, it's a really good read and covers all things metal, but focussing on power and prog.
Well, this month is a review of Leprous - Poppy album. to quote -
"Leprous, who pretty much sound like opeth if opeth was crap and couldnt sing in tune" and "a really bad tribute act that not even got it's own songs right". Oh dear, I havnt heard them myself but this doesnt fill me with hope! Still, I'm open minded, I'm coming and I shall give them a chance. Cannot say fairer than that!

All that said they rave this month about the new Rage and Swallow The Sun albums

just one year i would like to see some more hardrock bands play, onesfrom usa so it wouldn't cost to much to get them, Like Danger Danger,Tyketto,Pride of Lions,Survivor,Hardline,Giant,JLT,Lynch Mob,John West, but my big hope would be Talisman(i don't think they are all from usa in that band though) no shows like that ever come to Georgia so it would be something different and interesting, and i think most everyone here would like to rock out to some classic hardrock aor music every now and again. I know I do it's all I really listen to. The years PC69 played 6 2005 i think, that show rocked so hard! and Silent Force at ppusa 3 was my other fav. show so far really kickass! That's it we need some more D.C!! or Bob Catley.

just one year i would like to see some more hardrock bands play, onesfrom usa so it wouldn't cost to much to get them, Like Danger Danger,Tyketto,Pride of Lions,Survivor,Hardline,Giant,JLT,Lynch Mob,John West

I agree. Some of us need dinner breaks even on Thursday. :lol:

just one year i would like to see some more hardrock bands play, onesfrom usa so it wouldn't cost to much to get them, Like Danger Danger,Tyketto,Pride of Lions,Survivor,Hardline,Giant,JLT,Lynch Mob,John West, but my big hope would be Talisman(i don't think they are all from usa in that band though) no shows like that ever come to Georgia so it would be something different and interesting, and i think most everyone here would like to rock out to some classic hardrock aor music every now and again. I know I do it's all I really listen to. The years PC69 played 6 2005 i think, that show rocked so hard! and Silent Force at ppusa 3 was my other fav. show so far really kickass! That's it we need some more D.C!! or Bob Catley.

Good call, my friend! Same here! How about some Voodoo Circle, H.E.A.T., Eclipse, Talon, Outloud, or Brother Firetribe?

I dont know if you guys have see a UK mag called Power Play - well, it's a really good read and covers all things metal, but focussing on power and prog.
"Leprous, who pretty much sound like opeth if opeth was crap and couldnt sing in tune" and "a really bad tribute act that not even got it's own songs right". Oh dear, I havnt heard them myself but this doesnt fill me with hope! Still, I'm open minded, I'm coming and I shall give them a chance. Cannot say fairer than that!

All that said they rave this month about the new Rage and Swallow The Sun albums

You can't judge something on just one review from one magazine. They sort of have an Opeth/Katatonia sound but the vocals are fine and the musicianship is top notch. Just check out their myspace for some of their tracks. You won't be disappointed...unless you don't like Opeth or Katatonia that is.

Wow, the guy who wrote this must have never heard Leprous.

Power metal Camp? are we picking sides and going to war? ..... OK!

come on my Power Metal Brothas let us take up our swords and axes, and they can take up their....um.....books?!?:headbang:

Haha yes I has my armor and swarrrrllld and we shall has legendary battles against the Time Signatures of 9/14!!!